summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, June 23, 2017

what's good in life....


With Sonja yesterday at the thrift store....sometimes we have too much fun.


She may never forgive me for posting this, but it's a good lesson: stop caring what people think, and try on the funny dress!


We found these blocks, $3.99 a box. Yes, I still buy toys, for the grandkids to play with when they come!


Sunny didn't seem to mind that the little girls put this sweater on her. She wore it around for hours until Paul came home from work and felt sorry for her, said it was too hot for a sweater.

Paul fixed the pump switch on the pool filter last night, what would I do without him? How does he know how to do so many things?

Evelyn, Sonja, and I went out for a bit yesterday. Evelyn wanted to recycle some used clothes, she turned them in at a clothing exchange store and got a little bit of pocket money. Then we went to Kohl's because I had ten dollars Kohl's cash. I found a pair of dress pants for Joseph, who absolutely hates shopping, and yay, they fit him. I took the girls to Subway too, and I was good, only had a quarter of a sub, which is no easy feat when it's so yummy...I like black olives and cucumbers and spinach and tomatoes and lettuce, on a chicken breast sub, with hot sauce.

Anyway. Tomorrow night, Paul and I are leaving for the cabin. Am I packed? I hope so. You know how you reach a certain point and just sort of burn out? I feel like that about packing. I feel like we are bringing way too much stuff, more stuff than the Ingalls family brought to live on the prairie. Minimalists, we're not. We are having nacho bar night at the cabin, so we HAVE to have that horrible liquid cheese, and fresh cilantro, and corn...and don't forget the sour cream, along with all the peppers and tomatoes and lettuces and oh yeah, the jalapenos! And shh, we are bringing lots of paper plates, the thick sturdy ones. We may not be good for the environment, but we certainly are good for the economy!

Swim floaties and goggles and towels and bedding and snacks and shoes and sneakers and don't forget the chargers or the toothbrushes!

I do plan on bringing this acer chromebook, so perhaps I'll blog a little, but who knows. I know I will feel overwhelmed at times, I love all the kids, and having the ALL together is nothing short of stellar. I LOVE it. It's been TWO YEARS since we were ALL together. TWO YEARS! And who knows when it'll happen again?

One thing we are doing is having a family picture taken by Susan, my sister's daughter...the mama of those lovely twins we like to have over, and of course their big brother too. They will be coming up to the camp one day so Susan can work her magic. She is amazing, she really is. We figure propping an iPhone on the roof of the car worked okay last time, ha...

Okay...time to drive kids places...bye for now.

1 comment:

Marilyn from Canada said...

Della have just the best time with all you family!! That will be quite a crowd. How big is the cabin? Do some of the kids camp? Here's hoping the weather will be wonderful. Lots of this 🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞 and none of this 🌨🌨🌨💨. ENJOY!!!!!

Marilyn from Canada