summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

snowglobe day....

It's just too pretty out today...the snow is swirling around, and the brightness in here from the blanket of whiteness makes it seem festive. We decided to stay put, stay in with the little fireplace heater blasting, cuddling under blankets doing schoolwork. We were thinking of going to the library, but Anne has a bit of a cold. She is taking a nap right now, then we are going to go outside for a little bit. We can bundle her up, wrap her in a blanket and carry her around, just to get some cold fresh air. Then, inside for tea and cocoa. Poor us, huh? :)

Last night, I got to go out to dinner with my friends. We went to Smokey Bones, and no, I am not getting paid for this review, ha. It was too pricey for my liking, but they did have a really good policy of letting each person have their separate check, and could pay at the portable kiosk on the table. I opted for the burger, so adventurous of me, but a grilled burger...it tasted like summertime, with tomatoes and red onions and peppered bacon on it...it really was good. Being out with my friends though, priceless. Yes, it was fun. It's so nice to catch up and also to know you're not alone in your afflictions, not the only one with a husband who doesn't always want to talk about the little details in life ha.

I did not go on my walk this morning. I could.not.do.it. Just DO It, thank you NIKE, but ah...blah.

Yesterday after my walk, after I blogged, my headache increased in intensity until it was almost unbearable. I took a few ibuprofen and headed in to lie down, after assigning the kids some schoolwork. Well, I dozed off and on, and finally the headache faded to the background, leaving me feeling shaky and worn out. The girls had a suprise for me, they had taken their bunk beds apart, with the help of Jonathan, and now have single beds for the first time since they left their cribs. Their room is more crowded, but they are pretty pleased with themselves.

I feel like I lost most of a day, I never nap, but I was thankful it was a day I was actually able to go lie down, I didn't have Anne or Lydia here, and no appointments to go to.

Ah well...there's nothing much going on, just helping the kids with math, and doing laundry, and Anne is waking up...:)

No comments: