summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, January 15, 2021

negativity!!!!

 Happy happy day, Miss Char and Miss Cam both tested negative for Covid-19, through an asymptomatic testing program at school.  Sonja tested negative on Monday.  It's eight days since Florida, and we're doing all right.  phew.



Just a couple of bathrooms selfies, because, well, there's not much going on!  A few pics here and there on the blog are nice, and the animals haven't been cute enough for photos lately.  

I was just talking to the UPS lady.  Suri was outside when she came, and of course BARK BARK BARK. I had to go down to the driveway in my slippers to fetch that bad girl.  After safely locking her on the deck, I got the package, and the lady told me that she was almost attacked recently by a dog.  The dog was "friendly" according to the owner, and the owner was right there outside.  I chatted with the lady for a few, she is a really nice woman. 

There are all sorts of negativity, and not all as good as a negative Covid test.    I try not to stir things up, I rather like peace.  I think I was born with a black and white striped shirt and a whistle around my neck, or maybe it just appeared when I had more than one child.  When you have kids, they don't magically get along.  One can gripe about another, but as the mom, you have to let them vent, then gently steer them back to consider the possibility that they might be partly to blame.  Forgive and forget, you tell them.  Love covers a multitude of sins, you might say.  Or my personal favorite, "Behold good and pleasant it is when brethren dwell together in unity." (ppl.133)

In my book, part of growing up is learning how to get along.  When the name-calling starts on social media, I think they sound like kindergarteners.  We, as people, are vastly different.   But there is this distortion that happens, this equation that doesn't add up, this "if you are X, (or support X!)then you are automatically Y".    I am not a racist.  I am not anti-gay, nor am I "part of the problem". I am not pro-cop, nor anti-cop, as "cops" are people, whom are vastly different.  Most went into law enforcement for a steady career, maybe some turned into bad apples, maybe some were born into racist families, maybe some are as crooked as the day is long, as are many others in this world:  lawyers, judges, POLITICIANS!, even the local Little League treasurers.  

The problem is sin.  Every person is vulnerable to fall into it's clutches, it doesn't discriminate.   When we start finger pointing and accusing and judging each other, well, how is that going?  There's no doubt about it, awful things happen in this world, there is corruption at every level of everything.  More laws aren't going to fix it all.   

One thing I encourage my kids to do:  speak to the hearts of others.  Don't be put off by a bit of grumpiness, sometimes life is hard and people go through trials.  But don't lose hope for people!  We may not be able to fundamentally change the world, but we can each do our little part, in our little corner, to not just add fuel to the fires.  I am in that place where I want to keep peace, but also value that I am an American, and have the right to speak out as I see fit.  

I also welcome different points of view, if you want to comment and shed some light on a different angle, please do!   





10 comments:

Marilyn said...

Good morning Della ☺️ good news about the girl’s COVID tests.......one less thing to have to think about. Seems everyone has an opinion about everything, and that what makes the world go around. I am hoping this next week is peaceful in your country.......so much unrest. I’ll keep my opinions to myself on all of this as I don’t live in your country. We have our own set of issues up here too.

Our dogs bark too 🙄 when the doorbell rings or if someone dares walk beside our house 🙄They sound like wild beasts, but are actually softies. At least they let us know if someone is around, right? We are having the mildest winter!! Honestly. It’s lovely, but we will pay somewhere along the line. Awful summer or something. But this is LOVELY ☺️ Yesterday it was +8C 🥳 Well time to get my behind out of my big comfy chair and look alive!! Things to do, places to go, people to see!! Have a lovely day 🥰

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Michelle said...

Amen!

Izabela said...

You are such a blessing! I often find your words so encouraging and comforting.

Dawn Marie said...

I totally agree with you. I feel like there's so much negativity around me and sometimes I find myself getting pulled into it but mainly, I just want to live in peace. I wish I could create my own little bubble where no bad can get in. I just keep praying and holding onto hope. There's a purpose for all that is going on now. We may not understand it but God does and I definitely am keeping the faith over anything else. Have a great weekend and yaaay for negative test results.

Anonymous said...

Yes!! Amen!

Linda said...

Yep.....that's all I got for now, smiles. Have a beautiful day friend. smiles

16 blessings'mom said...

Marilyn, it seems that sometimes our Canadian neighbors, and Australian friends get a bit of a different prospective from the news they hear. It doesn't matter anyway, my parents had differing beliefs, they just didn't discuss it. Back then there wasn't the divide there is now though. Doggies though, can't live without 'em!
Izabela, you have a beautiful name, and thank you.
Dawn Marie, yes, God sees that big picture!
Anonymous, :)
Linda, you have a beautiful day too!

Anonymous said...

On the other hand, last week I was expecting a negative test result, and got a positive- I'm pregnant with #14! It actually came as quite a surprise, as my youngest will be 3 in May. Something new and wonderful to think about, thanking God for this.:)
Valerie

16 blessings'mom said...

Valerie, this is the best news I've heard all day! All week! Congratulations!!!!!!! This is the best kind of positive there is! I bet your kids are thrilled!

Anonymous said...

Haven't told them yet, still pretty early...:)
V