summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Tuesday to target....

 You know how it is when your little girls want to do "something fun"?  One needs tights, and the other just wants to get out of the house...and you need a birthday present....(it's Molly's birthday next week!).

We went into TJMaxx first, but what do you know?  We left without buying a single thing!  I did tease that I was going to buy one of these two shirts...


The one said, "My love language is food".  I didn't really buy one.  And don't you love the glasses-on-the-mask look?

Target, we found a few things...razors:  when you have 11 daughters, you have probably spent hundreds on razors alone!  There was a four dollar off coupon, and then a five dollar Target gift card if you bought two, but they were nine bucks each!  That made them actually seven, then the gift card, so like five...ugh.  I got a few snacks, and that was it.  I'm almost thankful when I walk through the store and there ISN'T anything good, phew.

It was a very cold day, but lovely!


  The sunset on the river on the way home...



Here's baby Tennyson from yesterday:



And Wulf (and Sonja K.!)


Those Hess trucks though!  Jonathan saved all of his, now the grandkids love them!


I think Emily took this of Paul talking to six of our daughters...:)

Cookies I made on Friday...

Dinner tonight was Chinese food, homemade.  I cut up chicken breast, soaked it in lemon juice, to tenderize it, then browned it in olive oil and pepper.  Into the crockpot with a bottle of sesame ginger sauce, from Aldi.  I trimmed and cut two pounds of fresh asparagus, and put it in the refrigerator.  When we got home from shopping, I stir fried the asparagus and some frozen veggies (broccoli with carrots, red peppers, ect.), and Camille made a pan of Basmati rice.  I also fried up some shredded cabbage with carrots, in butter, as I don't eat rice.  The kids also had frozen egg rolls they cooked in the air fryer.

Our governor here is in some hot water.  It's strange, because I do not care for him much, but I do not delight in his troubles.  I just feel sorry for him.  He has been very arrogant, and I do hope he gets those executive powers stripped, but sometimes it seems like haters jump on bandwagons, so ready to take someone down.   I don't care if he's a Democrat, or a Republican, he should be more respectful of women, and he obviously hasn't been truthful or upright in his responsibilities.   In fact, he behaved like a dictator, a king.   That doesn't mean I want to see him suffer though.  I'll be glad if he is removed from office though!  Does that make sense?

We've been lounging around, haven't cleaned up dinner yet!  The fake fireplace is roaring, the white string lights are on, it's cozy in here.  I like these winter evenings when we are all home.  But, time to go wash a few dishes!


4 comments:

Linda said...

Ok, I must be a bad person, I am reveling in Cuomo's issues. Gosh, that sounds so bad...my husband, "You know what they say about karma, right?" I see the legislatures took the power back yesterday. Still have to wear masks etc...I don't think that will end soon, sigh.

We went to TJ Maxx in Horseheads/Elmira on Sunday and bought a few things. I like that store, smiles. Thank you for sharing your photos, the girls weren't in trouble, were they? (smiles)

16 blessings'mom said...

Linda, you are certainly not a bad person, no indeed. King C. is the bad person! No, the girls weren't in trouble. Paul has a really good relationship with the kids, he doesn't get all frazzled about every little thing, is extra patient, and when he talks, they listen. I do the frazzling, he does the calmness ha.
And the masks...I am SO DONE!!!!

Kara said...

Too funny about the razors. I only have three daughters, and we go through a LOT of them. I got smart and created a monthly Amazon delivery of all of that type of stuff. Razors, shampoo, dish soap, cat litter, etc. That way I don't even think about it, and it just magically restocks every month.

Anonymous said...

I was in Bath and Body works today, saw they have a scent called "Into The Night" had to laugh, thought about your song.

Erika