summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, November 22, 2021

not a boring week!

 Oh my!  I'm hoping this post will get my thoughts straight about this week!  In an hour, little Anne will be coming for a visit, for a few hours, as her parents have things to do (teacher conferences, I think).  When she goes home, I'll be heading for a small city up north of here with Miss Cam, as she has an orthopedic appointment for her wobbly knee.  (The dr. is waiting for the x-rays to confirm the growth plate has closed, indicating it's time to schedule a surgery...so not a fun appointment, right?).  To add to the fun and excitement of this appointment is that it's close to Lake Ontario, and yes, lake effect snow is forecast, and we all know how I feel about driving in it.   

After the appointment, I need to get some things for Thanksgiving, and some apples for pies.  

I still need to finish getting the guest room ready for Sam and Grace and the two little ones.

Wednesday is Pie Making Day, and Davian is coming over to join us.

Yesterday, after church, Ben and Ashley and little Anya and Elise came over for dinner.  We had ham, applesauce (I peeled and cut four Granny Smith apples, and put them on top of unsweetened applesauce in a glass baking dish, and sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar, baked, so good), roasted:butternut squash, potatoes, and Brussel sprouts, and rolls.  There were chocolate chip cookies for dessert, as I baked them on Friday.

Here's something exciting...Ben and Ashley are having another baby, the girls are going to be big sisters to a baby...



BOY!!!!

And, Molly and Josh...




Got a new baby puppy, a chocolate Lab, TimBit.

And, Margaret and Adrian with Wulf and Tennyson flew out to Oregon to be with Kathryn and Darius and little Achilles and baby Rhys....(Adrian and Darius are brothers!)...Wulf, in the cockpit!  So cute!


We are only having 25 for Thanksgiving this year!  Only ten of the kids and families will be there.  (Two in Oregon, one in Cali, one in Washington state, and two local that are going to other sides of the family celebrations).  It's going to be a fantastic day, we have invited one of our favorite family of friends to come, they have a boy around Jon's age, and two girls, one Sonja's age, and one between Char and Cam's ages.  

I would mention that awful Christmas parade crash...I cannot even believe that people are justifying the monster who did this, saying it was because of the Not Guilty verdict for Kyle.  ???  Are they crazy?  This man who did this, he's crazy.  There are no excuses.  I am sorry he is so crazy, sorry he wasn't loved and nurtured and didn't have a purpose in life, but....dang.  Those poor innocent people, and all those good samaritans who rushed to help, God bless them.


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Della! Poor little Cam……….😔 Hopefully surgery won’t be necessary. Isn’t that great news about Ben and Ashley!! That baby will have 3 mothers 🥰🥰 Thanksgiving sounds wonderful and all those pies!! Davian is so adorable, isn’t he? I remember when you used to babysit him when he was little, and how smart he was. Too cute. I love that Wulf got to see the cockpit! How exciting for him ☺️ And TimBit is sooooo adorable. Lab puppies………….🥰🥰 Have a lovely day!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Mert said...

Literally he was fleeing a different crime- absolutely nothing to do with Rittenhouse. One can argue about his past crimes, but not a reaction to Kenosha.

Terri D said...

Yes, God bless the samaritans. Unconscionable what he did. It sounds like your Thanksgiving will be well attended and full of love and laughter. I miss those days! Hoping for a good outcome for that little knee. Keep us posted. Love & hugs!

Joybells said...

I love Davian's "thing" about apple pies. I hope he really enjoys himself on Wednesday!!

Joy from Salem

Mari said...

Hooray for the new baby!
Our son would have loved that cockpit adventure too.
Your Thanksgiving will be wonderful with good food and love all around!

Betty said...

What a beautiful family you have and that new pup is precious. My sister in Liverpool sent me photos of the snow this morning, so pretty and fresh. Safe travels I remember those lake effect snow commutes could be scary. My heart goes out to those poor souls in Wisconsin and I am saddened that I do not know my country anymore but continuing to pray. God is in control. Have a blessed thanksgiving