summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, August 18, 2022

amazing...

o Summer conference was wonderful.  Seeing friends, being encouraged and built up in faith, being outside, getting my steps in, where do I start?  I cannot properly sum it up.  There are so many children and young people, this year the focus was on the little ones.  So the youth aged kids, the mentors, along with adults and older kids, ran stations and did activities...can you imagine, teenagers not just living for themselves?  It's pretty special.  (The youth have their own weekends and outings and camps throughout the year, so they're glad to give back!)

I brought out all the dollhouse stuff, collected ride-ons (brought out our fleet, asked others to lend some, and bought a few on Marketplace)...there were ball pits, and kiddie pools, and inflatables, and a foam play area, bubble machines, a dunk tank, a pool party, cookie decorating, glowing lantern decorating, leather stamping, face painting, painting, sand sculpturing, coloring, a street fair with Mexican food, and on and on...Suri went out for a few hours to be the dog in a picnic play, and meet the kids afterward, she was a good girl.

Rhys and Achilles, and yes, that baby had a screwdriver...:)
Elise with the dollhouse stuff...
We set this up four days in a row, they don't get tired of it.
Sonja and Char, racing on the two Razor trikes we got from marketplace...the kids had so much fun on them!
Achilles takes a break from all the action...
Our campsite...Ben, Evelyn, Margaret, Kathryn with Rhys...
A Norwegian friend, Achild, Ashley with Declan, Ben and Evelyn...

Sonja and Char working on the lantern crafts, and Elise enjoying making one...
Tennyson!
Sebastian with his lizard, and Miss Charlotte Claire with Suri...
On stage!

The kids liked meeting her...and yeah, that's me in my tropical shorts.
Aye-aye, Grant!
Wulf, Achilles, Camille at the fireworks...did I mention there were fireworks?  Really good ones!
Garden tomatoes and another zucchini...
Wulf, he has a little bike, he can ride it like a champ, and he really enjoyed being able to ride around at summer conference.  

We commuted to the conference, it's only 20 minutes away, and our camper is so water damaged we cannot stay in it anymore. We are hoping to replace it some time soon, but in the mean time, we still use our yard to have lunch, or dinner, or to just sit in the shade here and there.  The conference was five days of non-stop fun, and lots of work, too.  I was busy coming back home a few times a day to let the pups out, feed them, let them run around...they don't like staying home alone. 

Anyway, it was a good week.  Also, I shouldn't be sitting here.  No sir, no how, no way.  We are going to physical therapy in like an hour, then leaving immediately after that to go camping, and guess who isn't packed yet?  er, like, I have SOME things on the kitchen table, but oh dear, I need to move it move it.   

I'm excited about camping, we have a site right on the beach again...but tenting, ugh.  The hard part is getting down on the air mattress on the ground, but the harder part is getting up off of it in the morning.  And sand.  Did I mention that I do not like sand?  I don't mind walking in it when it's on the beach, but when it gets in my tent, or worse, in my BED, oh dear!  We have been bringing a nice rug with us, put it in the tent, it catches a lot of the sand...

Anyway, my coffee is gone, and I NEED to pack, won't be blogging at the beach, no electricity...so bye for now, and have a good weekend!


3 comments:

shellie said...

Sounds like a busy fun filled 5 days�� I love your shorts and you can definitely tell you have lost a lot of weight�� have fun at the beach!

Shirley in Washington said...

Your church and conference sound like they were amazing! I am curious what church you attend and why your kids go to Norway quite often? I hope you have a great camping trip despite the pervasive sand. Blessings, Shirley

Michelle in FL said...

Looks like everyone had a lot of fun! Hope you enjoy your camping trip!