summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, December 5, 2023

there is hope, ha....

 I just saw that a 70 year old woman gave birth to twins...in Uganda.  She was taking fertility meds, of course, and I don't do that of course, but I have had dreams I was expecting a baby...that it was almost due, and I had forgotten completely that I was pregnant.  :). 

Yesterday I went out and about with Miss Camille, and Miss Charlotte Claire, aka the Skool Skipper.  She didn't feel well in the morning, slept in, sat around and worked on homework, then made a miraculous recovery and drove us to Target.  (I was hitting my invisible brake, but tried to maintain a calm-cool-collected look.  I try to be encouraging and not TOO WATCH-OUT-y.  One of my rules:  in stop and go traffic, you HAVE to remain a huge-0 distance behind that car in front of you.  New drivers seem to take forever to get the message that the car in front is stopping!). (I can't count how many times I said, nicely and calmly of course, brake lights, Char!)

We didn't get too much Christmas shopping done at Target, but we did get a few important gifts.  We went to Walmart too, and I got a few more things, and a few things like green peppers, scallions, Mexican shredded cheese (Char must have seen a Tik-Tok about baked potatoes)

Home...ahh, home.  I put the leftover chicken soup in the nice red dutch oven pan, and heated it up all bubbly, while Camille put the off-brand crescent rolls in the oven.  A quick easy dinner and an episode of Downton Abby, which is the girls' newest watch.  Downton is always good.

This fine morning, I have accomplished dishes, laundry, vacuuming, and refining my Christmas list.  I bought a few things online, and added them to the list.  When things come in the mail, I try to get them wrapped.  

Tonight is activity club, and I'm going to make a batch of gingerbread play dough, and perhaps the makings of another craft, how do I know now, it's not time to panic and hurry yet.  

Kathryn is picking me up soon, we're going out and about with the kids.  It is snowing out, and looks so festive and pretty.  I really should be staying home and doing stuff, but nah...maybe tomorrow?

This weekend there's a Children's Party, Whoville themed, and I'm making cut out cookies and frosting and bringing sprinkles and decorations, for an activity.  We're supposed to dress either Christmas-y or Whoville-like, so we'll see what I come up with.  The next week there's a Christmas gathering with my pool friends, then a brunch at a friend's place, then an evening gathering for some older friends, then another Christmas celebration at church, with music and fellowship, snacks and desserts.  There's a girls' party that our girls will go to, they've gotten their gifts for that, and Jon can choose and buy his own gift for his boys' party.  I do have three kids with December birthdays, still have to get things for those.  I have some older kids with blanks next to their names on the Christmas list, so we'll see.  I'm trying to take things one day at a time, and cross things off as I can, and enjoy the days, and not get stressed.  I do wonder how on earth I used to manage it all, with so many kids and the December birthdays....but then younger kids are easier to shop for than older kids, right?  And now there are grandchildren....I vowed to get them only one thing each, and am finding this hard to keep...:)

Have a really good day!


3 comments:

Martha said...

I used to have pregnancy dreams too. Even delivery room dreams! They are so weird.

Mari said...

Having a baby at 70 doesn't sound good to me!
Driving with new drivers is stressful. I have to say, that my husband still needs my help in seeing those brake lights. :)

Jan said...

I really enjoy reading your blog everyday and I love it when you say "Home...ahh,home". That's so exactly how I feel! No matter where I've been, who I've been with or how much fun I've had, home is my happy place- where my people are and where I can sit down, kick off my shoes and just be me!