summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, March 26, 2024

quiet here again...

 

From the deck when I let the dogs out this fine morning...

Grace packed up the kids and went back home after dinner last evening.  The basement problem is fixed, again, and hopefully for good!  I made two chicken pot pies for dinner, and mmm they were good.  Grant and Ruth really liked it, Rhys ate some, Achilles settled on an apple:). (Kathryn was here for a visit)

The kids had fun because the weather was so mild, yet there was a boatload of snow on the deck still.  They get to go out there and ride around on the ride ons and play on the little slide.  

We went bowling on Saturday for Kathryn and Wulf's birthdays.  Grant did really well!
Paul had fun too...
The birthday kids, Wulf and his Aunt Kathryn, with Jamie

Tennyson and Wulf
Rhys couldn't believe how spiffy her bowling shoes were.
Margaret with the cake...
Rhys with the MP3 player
Ruth helped feed the pups, the look on here face as she sat there watching them eat...I had to tell her not to pet them while they ate, just because you never know.
Ruth and Grant, story time...
Kathryn with Rhys, Achilles, Grant, Ruth
Grandpa and some cartoons!
Me with Rhys at bowling...I didn't bowl, I held small children and babies, and got a kick out of watching them.  

There's a lot swirling around in my head this morning, things I can write about later, things I am sad about...life is interesting...I cannot control very many things, but I can work on how I take things, right?  Bitterness doesn't happen overnight, it's a process that begins with a thought, a thought which is nurtured and coddled, watered and paid attention to, until it forms deep roots, and defiles many.  ("Looking carefully, lest anyone fall short of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up causes trouble, and by this many become defiled..."(Heb. 12:15)). 

So we fight to keep our thoughts pure, and it's a good fight.  God is good.  You all have a really good day too.  :)


5 comments:

Marilyn said...

Good morning! That picture is beautiful! It almost looks like fire 🔥All the pictures of the birthday and bowling are great! You’ve had a busy time with one thing and another. We used to love bowling when the kids were young and for some reason we mostly did it on holidays and always wondered why we didn’t go more often because we all had such fun. My grandchildren loved having a bowling party when they were young and it was good because they always had party rooms so all the mess was there! Then they could go out to play at home.

I’m sorry you are sad at the moment Della 😔 I’ve been a bit sad too I have to say, but life goes on doesn’t it and we just have to move along with it. Life can’t always be butterflies and roses as we know only too well. Big hugs 🥰

Have a lovely day………

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Valerie said...

That last part of the Hebrews verse gets me: "and by this many be defiled" So I could ruin something for someone else...Ouch. Thank you for sharing these good words, and I hope everything is ok with you and your family.
Valerie

16 blessings'mom said...

Marilyn, what good memories! Those days just go by too quickly. Life can't always be butterflies and roses, true! Thank you for the big hugs:)
Valerie, it's pretty serious, isn't it? Everything is pretty okay, I'll clue you in soon...sometimes people ask others not to say anything about some things, which is hard when you blog and there's something sad...I can't just pretend everything is A-okay, although it actually is...in most ways. Life is life, and sad things are a part of it...thank you for your kindness. :)

Terri D said...

I love all the photos today! Such fun with your precious littles!! Good times. Thanks for sharing!!

Michelle in FL said...

I love your attitude. Thank you for the reminder. I lost my faith for a long time, but with these crazy times we’re living in (and personal/family struggles) I found it again. In good times and in bad, God is Good. I hope you and your family are okay.