I love a dark and stormy day. When the rain clears up and the sun comes out, ugh, no, go away! This fine morning, it started to storm during our swim class. The lightening bolts, the thunder, it got really dark out. It was absolutely downpouring when I got out of the locker room, no cats or dogs, but yeah.
I got soaked. No rain coat, or umbrella, I waited until it calmed a little, then just walked to my car. I cannot run, nor gallop, but I did walk a bit briskly, for me.
Home...ahh, home. Oscar was here with little Kaia Jean. She was here from around ten until 4:30, with no nap! She didn't want to go to sleep, but she wasn't even fussy, she did well! Oscar went to his class, Sonja was at work. Kathryn came over with her kids, and we had a fun busy day. I made some scrambled eggs and fed them to Kaia and Ellis, Jamie just wanted the sausages.
This evening, I am tired enough. I don't know how I used to do it. The kids are wonderful, and I enjoy the heck out of them, but the worn out grandparent idea is a real thing. :). Dinner: I made some taco meat, opened some black olives, and called it taco salad. (We do have some wonderful thin tortilla chips...mmm).
Another storm is coming through, with a tornado watch. The thunder is booming in the distance, and Winnie doesn't like it. (Suzanne and Zech are going on vacay, so we have their black Lab for a five day sleepover. He is a bit nervous, probably the storm).
And, now it is Thursday, and I'm getting used to September. Sometimes months blur by, and by the time I'm like oh, I love August!, it's over!
I have some small goals. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, Cam and I set out for the small city for her college classes, so I want to drop off at least one bag at the thrift store each time. Today I have my eye on sorting through some toys...you know, all those little bits and pieces and things no one plays with...
Ah well...I need to vacuum in here this fine morning too, with an additional Labrador, you can well imagine the doggy fur that floats underfoot....:). Have a good day!

2 comments:
Stormy days really are good - but not tornadoes! And you are right about being a tired grandma, those kids can be little tornadoes. :)
Have a good day!
I just got through sorting out toys in the play area in the living room, threw out half a garbage bag of odds and ends, am donating two full bags. It's all neat and arranged and sorted out, we'll see how long it stays that way...they do play so much better when there's rhyme and reason to the toys. But still, those grandkids are tornadoes!
Post a Comment