summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, August 31, 2013

saturday morning....

Ahh, it is good to have Paul home again! Such a blessing it is to be so in love with someone.

This morning I took my walk, washed up an overflowing sink full of dishes, made a breakfast of bacon and eggs, ate mine with an entire Heirloom tomato from the garden...and found my comfy chair. There is much more to do, of course, but the a.c. is on and humming, I still have plenty of coffee in my mug, and my comfy chair is just plain comfy.

The older kids are all at the youth conference at church...Emily and Abigail and Mirielle and Joseph and Aaron and Samuel and Margaret and Kathryn and Evelyn and Suzanne. Benjamin is in Washington in the Army, and Mali chooses not to go.

So Paul and I are here with just Sonja K. 11, Jonathan 9, Charlotte Claire 7, and Camille Anaya 5. The girls are playing dolls, Sonja is vacuuming her room, and Jon is looking online at tablets. He is saving money to buy one, and is like a walking encyclopedia, overflowing with facts and reviews and features about them. Too bad he can't find his wallet, he has over a hundred dollars saved in that cute little cow wallet, we can't find it anywhere. That has to be in the top ten of the Saddest Things of The First World list, if there were one...when a kid loses his wallet/purse/money.

Anyway, it is rather quiet, and I would like a nap already thank you. But seriously, I finally had a good sleep last night, after having the bed to myself for two weeks....I SO thought I would sleep better, but naw. Couldn't fall asleep, couldn't stay asleep with Paul gone.

Our marriage has been so very blessed. We are both pretty sure we love each other more now than when we got married. There are trials, and times I am certain that he doesn't really like me, but one thing's for sure: we are on the same page. We aren't blaming each other, and aren't against each other. We are FOR each other.

Today stretches before me, no concrete plans, a day full of promise. I shall take the kids in the pool, help the little girls decide what to wear on the first day, try to finish our homeschool plans for Jonathan....(Martha, any homeschool wisdom to pass along to me? I am totally clueless! Email me at dellamom16@yahoo.com if you do!)

1 comment:

AUTISMOMMA said...

Just wanted to say thank you and that I'm glad you posted your email address again. Sometimes something will cross my mind and I'll think to myself, I should comment on Della's blog but then it might be something I don't necessarily want to publicly post so I just don't post it at all. So I'm glad I now have your email address and I have put it in my contacts.

Oh yeah, and I meant to comment a few days ago when you asked for input on whether or not you share too much here. I do not think you share too much - actually, sometimes I find myself wishing you would elaborate but I also respect your right to privacy. For example, I would love to know what brought you to the decision finally to homeschool two of the kiddos. Prior to having kids, I always thought I wanted to homeschool (it still crosses my mind from time to time) but after autism, I just don't think I have the patience for it - or, at least, not with my oldest - the one affected by autism. It's one thing to deal with his autism 24/7, it's quite another trying to teach things other than life skills. :)