summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

summer....please stay a while....

me today...waiting while Margaret helped Abigail do some banking....

This is one of my favorite pictures from our camping trip: Sonja K. and Kathryn with Paul.

Our internet is not working well these days, making the already challenging task of finding a chance to blog...well, more challenging.

Today was a good day. I woke up too early, it was chilly and rainy. I had to take Abigail to a dr. appointment, but I really wanted to put the pillow over my head and snooze some more. I got up and showered, and the dilemma began: should I sit down in the still quiet morning with a cup of coffee, and try to write? Cruise the blogs? Read the news? Oh, that sounded like the winner. The first choice. Cozy. Comfy. But. But. I knew that I wouldn't feel good about that decision. So. I put on my sneakers, and I walked. Almost two miles. Briskly. I felt good about it.

Breakfast: two 16 calorie rice cake-y things with crunchy peanut butter...and a little bit of Nutella, which is NOT a health food, but oh so yum. And a coffee. Out the door with Margaret to pick up Abigail.

This afternoon, I worked out, too. It had been 13 days since I had a good workout, and darn it, I don't want that to happen again. I have a whole list of excuses, of course.

Yesterday I cleaned the little girls' room. Oh my. How does it get so messy in there? Every time I clean it, I insist it will never get that messy again. This time...it was kind of sad, but I just KNEW it wouldn't stay clean. Sad because that means I am finally growing up.

I don't want to grow up.

No comments: