I shouldn't be sitting here. But I'm so tired! I stayed up half the night with Mirielle, then read for a few hours. It was close to 5 am, and I was drifting off to sleep. I woke up at 8:50, and had to get moving! I have so much to do today. Problem is I can't think straight. When I'm tired, I keep going from thing to thing, forgetting from one minute to the next what the heck I was just doing. Now if you know me In Real Life, perhaps this is not a big surprise, since I am always scatterbrained at best. But being tired magnifies it.
We are moving out to our camper today for our church Summer Conference. Over 800 people will be there by Saturday....
Since I am feeling random and disjointed, here are some facts about today, my life, our church, and the conference....
1. The families in our church generally have lots of children. Children are revered, respected, cherished, and loved.
2. Kim and I bought hundreds of dollars worth of stuff for the candy store and grill that we run during the conference, yesterday. We shopped all the live long day. Tomorrow, we finish up.
3. The girls are excited to go out to the camper, so they are bugging me:)
4. Paul is coming home from Louisiana tonight.
5. Our church conference is attended by those of here in our local church, plus the fellowships from Canada, Ohio, Delaware, Connecticut, ect., plus some friends come from Europe and the west coast.
6. I love working at the candy store because...I love the kids! They get a chance to buy stuff with their own money, do their own transactions, and I get to see them year after year, growing up too fast.
7. Tomorrow, Kim and I have to buy all the fresh stuff for the grill....and stuff for pizzas. The minivan will be bottoming out again, and we will be tired, but if our shopping expedition is anything like the one yesterday, there WILL be laughs, and there will be fun, there will be coffee, and perhaps...ice cream.
8. It is our turn, (our local church) to do the annual play. Emily wrote the play, and is directing it, and it is fantastic. I went to rehearsal yesterday evening, and was blown away. Abigail helps back stage, Mirielle sings in it, Joseph has a few parts, Margaret and Kathryn and Suze and Sonja and Evelyn sing in it, plus have a few parts, as do Jon, Char, and Cam. It is amazing to see young and old come together and work on this, and the result is extremely encouraging....
9. It's typical for me to sit here and write about all I have to do instead of actually just doing it. But don't worry, once I get back up and get moving again, I will be busy for hours.
10. Why did I stay up so late last night?
Oh dang, these little girls keep asking me when we are going, so I will sign off for now....remember, life is short and God is good. There is no such thing as being too forgiving, or too kind.