summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, August 18, 2014

why do I stay up so late into the night?

I am addicted to quiet. I was without it for so many years, it is like yumminess to my ears. Everyone is in bed now, and the house is just filled with that yumminess.

Today turned out to be busy busy busy. I noticed a few of these tiny moths flying in and around one of the kitchen cupboards, and yuck, there were little moth-y things in some of the opened bags of rice and chocolate chips. So...I cleaned out the whole cupboard, threw away everything that was opened, wiped down the shelves...then moved on to the next cupboard, where there was absolutely no evidence of any moth-y things, but I figured I would clean it out anyway. We checked all the other cupboards, and phew, the first one was the only one that was involved. blah and yuck, but at least I have some organized shelves now.

After I finished with that, Mali came over for a visit. We had some garden veggies, some tomatoes on rye bread, and some good conversation. She left, and it was time to make some banana bread. I made some Paleo stuff with blueberries (coconut and almond flour), then some regular stuff. Then it was time to make dinner, for eleven of us (Aaron was here, Sonja was at Grace's)....green beans from the garden, yellow squash from the garden, some red potatoes cut up and tossed in olive oil and seasoning and baked, sliced tomatoes, from the garden, and burgers.

Paul got home from work at 7:30, so by the time we finished dinner, it was almost 8:30. We don't see much of him. We did make some camping reservations though, we are going camping with just the three youngest kids on Labor Day weekend. Interesting times, I tell you! Char said, "People will think we have only three kids!" I remember going to this very same campgrounds years ago, when Paul had to go into work and I was there all day with the kids by myself....oh, how I counted the hours until he got there.

For all the mopping and wiping and dusting I have done today, one couldn't really tell right now if they walked into my house. I tend to lose steam by evening, and say The Heck With It. Then the next morning, oh there is too much to do.

I will hate myself in the morning if I don't get to bed soon. So goodnight.

No comments: