summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, August 19, 2017

what could be better.....?

Than a Saturday morning in the summertime...?
And, kittens! Can you believe that I was absolutely correct in predicting seven kittens? They're so lively and cute already. I took a few pictures, but our internet is so slow it's going backwards, so I cannot even post them.

Also...summertime...Ben and Ashley and Anya came for dinner last night, Mariel came over, Margaret, and we had little Davian and his baby sister Anne for the afternoon.(and can I just mention how absolutely adorable they are? Davian's mama bought him a surprise, something he as been asking for...a planner! ha, what five year old wants...a planner? He is just precious.)..then their mama and daddy came to get them, and Grace stayed, to play Monopoly with Sonja and Suzanne. Emily stopped in after work, too. We had steak kabobs, and marinated chicken kabobs, some summer veggies grilled, a salad.

Paul's mom is in an old-folks home for rehab, just to get her more functioning before she goes back home. I will go see her tomorrow, because I have to work at the amphitheater tonight with Sam, Evelyn, and Suzanne. Any prayers for her would be appreciated, I love her so much and it's hard to see her struggle with expressing herself.

Mariel and I are talking about going to Ireland in October. Tickets straight to Dublin are really reasonable from a small New York Airport, direct flights, round trip for under $300. We really really really want to go. It would just be a short trip, but oh my goodness, how much fun would that be...? And, anyone read this who live in Ireland who have any tips or comments, or ha, invitations to visit you?

Realistically, this is not top ten on our financial priority list, which includes the rest of the windows being replaced, and a new furnace, a new pool motor, and ect.

But. Life is short, right?

Next Friday, Sonja and I are going on a little adventure, flying to California for five days!

Anyway...so much going on right now....bye for now.

2 comments:

Marilyn from Canada said...

Hi Della....yes life is short so take every opportunity that comes your way. Ireland is so beautiful and the people are just lovely My girlfriend and hitchhiked through there waaaaaaaaaaaaay back in 1965.......almost sounds like the cave days, doesn't?,,😂😂 I hope Grandma is much better real soon, because you do better in your own home I think. Have a great day 🌞🌞🌞

Marilyn from Canada

terre said...

sure wish yo were coming to southern cali -- i could use a good cup of coffee and a visit!

terre
zoomama speaks...