summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, October 23, 2017

autumn coziness....



The morning walks are getting beautiful as the leaves change. There is nothing in this world like the smell of leaves in the fall, that tea-like aroma, and crunching through them reminds me of being a kid.



I won't lie, this picture made me want to straighten those baskets up, but why oh why didn't I do that BEFORE I took the picture?


Two of my boys, from the soccer weekend, Samuel and Joseph.


Grace and Sonja :) (Grace is Davian and Anne's big sister, cousin to my kids, my sister's oldest grandchild, she is a very sweet girl)


Miss Charlotte Claire, just because.


Benjamin got a deer, an 8 point buck, with a bow! It's his first year bow-hunting, too. (I stole this pic from Ashley). It was very exciting.



This fine morning, my little girls are up at Margaret and Adrian's, doing their school work, then helping Margaret paint their nursery. They LOVE packing their backpacks and spending the night at siblings' places. I am on-call to help with sweet Anya when it's time for her baby sister to be born, which is any time now, as she is three days overdue. Anya was a week early, but her baby sister is nice and comfy where she is, I guess.

As I walked this morning, I prayed for wisdom. The longer I live here on earth, the more I see that I don't know and understand. Yesterday we celebrated a friend's 80th birthday, with a church feast. We celebrated because 80 year old Joe is a blessing. He has learned humility through his trials, and being with him is like a breath of fresh air. He isn't bitter and stiff, just the opposite! He is kind, gentle, and very young at heart!














1 comment:

American Housewife said...


Two years ago was my year of praying for "wisdom"! I do not make New Year's Resolutions but the last few years I've chosen something or someone as my prayer topic, my quest, my mantra or some other 'thing' I feel is lacking in my life or I want more knowledge or understanding of on New Years. 2 years ago was Wisdom. Last year was to focus on the Holy Spirit. This year is Mary; particularly my bond with her as a wife and mother.