summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, April 30, 2018

after pics: white painted cabinets!!!!










Not a very good "before" pic, but of course I forgot to take them.



The tile behind the stove was chosen and installed in 1992. I was 27, is that a good excuse? "Country" style was all the rage.


So I decided to paint it. I picked out a light gray, teetering between that and a shiny white, but then discovered I could get the small can of premixed semi-gloss for $3.87, so I dark gray won.



Again, it could have come out better, but it still looks better than it did. I just primed it, and painted it. Suzanne is going to help me by touching up the grout lines with white paint so it looks more like a new tile job.

We spray painted the hinges, and put the knobs on, Adrian installed the drawer pulls and hung the doors back up.

Phew.

And in the process, I lost a day. Yes, a whole day. I spent most of the day yesterday thinking it was Thursday. So...off we went to the big mall in the big city.

We were blissfully shopping the clearance racks when my phone rang. Paul was calling to tell me my guests were at the house. What? What guests? The three children who were coming for the weekend were there. Um, why? They were supposed to come on Friday...wait. I was getting a niggle. I got off the phone, and asked my daughter what day of the week it was. Friday, Mom. oh no. All day long I thought it was Thursday. I thought I had a whole day to prepare for the coming of these little children, for Jonathan's birthday bash...I thought I would go to the grocery store on Friday morning, but little did I know, Friday morning was already in the past.

So with some scrambling, we got our act together and had a good weekend with the extra three little children.












6 comments:

Marilyn said...

Della your cupboards look fabulous! I love the colour and the black knobs etc are great! Well done you guys ☺️ That’s hilarious that you missed a day...............often I’m not sure what day it is. Someone will say something about a long weekend .......... when you are retired every weekend is long........... Are your dogs shedding like crazy😝 My goodness.......ours are and I brush and brush. We bathed one yesterday at the dog wash and she is better, and the big woolly boy is going to a professional groomer on Thursday for a really good brushing and bath. Hopefully he comes home better. We had 29C on Saturday!! Sunday 10C .............. weird weather. You have a great day!!

Marilyn from Canada

Michelle said...

Nice job! It looks bright and cheerful!

Anonymous said...

Kitchen looks great. Oh no about the day of the week. I can relate to that one! :)



Erika

16 blessings'mom said...

Marilyn, yes the dogs are shedding like crazy! I need to get then outside for a good brushing. They are bad puppies,:) and go in the creek and get muddy so they have baths all the time, but they need brushing. Our weather has been crazy too, lots of snow yesterday, and tomorrow in the high seventies!
And thank you on the kitchen, it's really bright and white and clean looking, but oh dear I am trying not to be so picky and paranoid...the coffee slops and wet hands dripping water on them....ugh.

Anonymous said...

Kitchen looks awesome! Worth all that hard work. So glad you chose white, it looks clean, fresh and light!

Simone

Tereza said...

Love how the cupboards turned out!!! ugh I hate when I forget the day...this sounds too familiar!