summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, July 16, 2018

still alive and kicking!!!

The party...oh my it went by fast! Did I take a single picture? oops.

The first guest was Kim, my sister-in-law, little cousin Danielle's mama. She helped me get the chicken sliced up and into a crock-pot. The pulled pork was done, Sonja had cooked up the taco beef and that was in a crock pot...the veggies were all cut up and in bags in the refrigerator. The coolers were full of ice and drinks, and Evelyn had made pitchers of mint lemonade, raspberry lemonade, ect. I made a pot of coffee, and people started arriving...

The rest is rather a blur. We kept refilling the peppers, olives, tomatoes, and cheese, and getting out more sour cream. The girls helped keep things cleaned up, lots of empty cans and bottles. (No alcohol, just seltzers, waters, and soda.) SO many of our friends came over. I enjoyed myself, talked to so many people. The kids ran around and played, trampoline and swings and they got out lots of toys.

The cake: I googled "Graduation cake", and made the first one that came up. I doubled the recipe, used 20 egg whites, and like seven cups of sugar, and made it in two half-sheet pans. It was delectable. I layered them, cut the edges off because the little girls saw it on a cooking show, and frosted it with buttercream icing. I ran out before I wrote anything on it, so when I drove Paul to the airport, I got more shortening so I could make another batch. Getting home just two hours before people would arrive, and making more frosting...wow. But the cake tasted so good. We served it with berries and whipped cream. I only tasted one bit when I was cutting it and plating it, it was so good I ate another bit before really thinking about it, but then was done. It was hard not to just have a huge piece, but oh dear me, I have to be careful.

Then...they started leaving, and by a bit after ten o'clock, it was just us again, and wow, that was a good party.

Yesterday was our wine festival...and let's just say it was too much fun.

Today it's warm and sunny and I am done writing for the day...

6 comments:

An American Housewife said...

I wondered how it went - but I knew you'd pull it off. :)

Kanadiangirl said...

May I say that you are nothing short of amazing??!!! I just love reading your blogs and I hope you don't stop.

Marilyn said...

Good morning......it sounds like the party was a roaring success! Well done you 👍

Marilyn from Canada

Endo_Life said...

Sounds like a great party! You have probably said but I was wondering who graduated?

16 blessings'mom said...

Evelyn Joy graduated from high school, and Emily graduated and is officially a Nurse Practitioner! She is board certified, and is in family practice. With ten years experience as a registered nurse in a huge hospital, I think she will do okay, but these first days seeing patients, she is nervous. And ha, if you think we asked her medical advice before, now...!!!

Endo_Life said...

I was guessing it was Emily. Missed Evelyn Joy was graduating too. Congratulations to them both x