summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, September 23, 2018

wedding pictures!


What a perfect day for a wedding!


Paul and I with Joe before the ceremony. I think he was a little bit nervous.


With Suze and Sonja...


My five-girls-in-a-row are now 21, 20, 19, 17, and 16. HOW? Margaret, Kathryn, Evelyn, Suzanne, and Sonja K.


Kathryn at the cookie table...


Joseph and Benjamin (Ben was the best man), waiting for Bethany...


Beth with her dad...




With Anna and Irene...


The coffee table.


Treats and coloring stuff for the kids.


The donuts!



Joseph and Bethany with Janette, Beth's sister...


Grandma (Paul's mom) saying goodbye to the bride and groom before she left.


Little Elise, Ben and Ashley's baby, my sweet granddaughter.

There are more pics, and more stories, what a day! Emily and I prepared the brisket, the secret ingredient was beer, a bottle of Heinekin in each pan, and tomato paste, brown sugar, chili powder, salt, and garlic. Several hours later, oh yummers. We also served pulled pork. The macaroni and cheese turned out amazing, Mariel made it. We served up 98 bowls of salad before the buffet, Emily made the dressing, I don't like dressing, but this was really good.

It was a lot of work. I was in the kitchen until it was time to get dressed for the ceremony (4:30), then back in the kitchen to help plate the salads, until I voiced that I was missing the cookies and milk, ha, which was the welcome snack in the foyer. I was then kicked out of the kitchen, and friends pitched in and got everything done.

The cookies were good. :)

Anyway, the wedding was a success, and phew, it's over. Now I just have to deal with the fact that Joseph isn't going to walk into the kitchen this morning and eat all the bacon...:(

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You looked wonderful in your dress!

Carol said...

It looks like the weather was nice and that the wedding was a success! Congratulations to the new bride and groom.

Susan said...

I so enjoyed the photos of this beautiful wedding! I see love in every picture.♥️

Anonymous said...

How very beautiful, just perfect! Joseph looks very handsome ( love the hair! ), Bethany is glowing and your girls are all so gorgeous! You & Paul not so shabby either, haha, really like your dress. How did you go with those shoes? i know your feet give you trouble.
Beautifully done tables and decoration, you must have been so proud! Congratulations to the obviously smitten couple.

Simone

Unknown said...

So beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Marilyn said...

Just beautiful! I love the table decorations, all the pretty little lights, everything was just so lovely Della 🤗 I think Joseph looks a lot like his dad..........Beautiful wedding!

Marilyn from Canada

Michelle in FL said...

Beautiful! The food looks and sounds delish, bride & groom are gorgeous, and the dress you picked out is very pretty on you:) Congrats to Joseph & Bethany!

16 blessings'mom said...

It was such a nice, simple wedding. Bethany's dress suited her, elegant yet not ostentatious. My own dress was $17.99, and the hilarious thing was that Bethany's mom had tried on the same one from the same store, and I wish she had gotten it, it would have been too funny. Anyway, it was a good day.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Love the wedding decor and everybody looks gorgeous!