summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, August 20, 2019

....and...summer!!!

It is STILL summer, despite the Halloween candy aisle in Price-Chopper. I know, the pool floats and water pistols are on clearance, and it's a darned good time to buy a gas grill, but it is STILL SUMMER.

And I refuse to believe that it's waning and winding down as quickly as it is.

Today, I am going on an adventure! A few wineries with Miss Em and Miss Mirielle, two of my favorite daughters, doesn't that sound fun? We live between the gorgeous Lake Ontario and the Finger Lakes region, wine country. It's so beautiful, one wouldn't think that New York would have such treasures, one would think: New York = city.

Anyway, this week is lovely, warm and sunny. Tomorrow is Evelyn Joy's 20th birthday, yay! We are getting her a computer/laptop for her birthday, because she is going to college this fall. She is also working full time, she's a busy girl. So we'll celebrate with a nice dinner and shh, perhaps a wine slushy.

Friday night, we're having company! Adrian's mom, sister, and nephew are in town from Winnipeg, Manitoba. (Adrian is married to my daughter Margaret, dad of Wulf)(My daughter Kathryn is married to Adrian's brother, Darius, so Adrian and Darius' mom is two of my girls' mother-in-law). Anyway, we're having dinner on the deck on Friday night.

Then, sometime in the night, Samuel will arrive with the little grandson Grant! Sam has Army Reserve training on all weekend, so we'll have Grant. Grace, Sam's wife, is working two jobs, so she can't come up for the visit. We'll have Grant from Monday-Friday, too, during the days, as Sam has drill.

Then, next week, Sonja comes home from Germany, AND: Kathryn and Darius are coming for a visit from Salem, Oregon!!!! They are expecting a baby, and I can't wait to see how cute Kathryn looks all pregnant!

So with them in town, Sonja home, and Samuel here, it'll be busy here.

Yesterday, Miss Charlotte Claire and Miss Camille went with me on a little shopping trip. We Target-ed, and got a few school supplies. Char found a nice jean jumper, and we got a little gift for Evelyn, as well as a few toys for the present closet. What?! Grandkids have birthdays! I mean, could YOU pass up a Paw Patrol microphone, regular $19.99 for $5 ?

We grocery store-ed, and stocked up on meals for the week. Last night was taco salad, with tomatoes and green pepper from our very own garden, yum. (My girls teased me that I was going to blog about that.). Tonight, pork chops that have been marinating in lemon juice, rosemary, salt and pepper, since right when we got home from the store. Tomorrow, steak that has been marinating in almost the same thing. There are burgers in the freezer for Thursday, and Friday is pulled pork nachos. (The packages of burger had five dollars off coupons on them!). The taco salad was so good. I browned the burger until it was crispy, before adding taco seasoning.

Anyway. Time to get moving.

No comments: