summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, April 6, 2020

Monday fun day...


Miss Camille and Miss Charlotte Claire...and, spring is coming! It's here, of course, calendar-wise...


Here in central NY state, sunshine doesn't necessarily mean warmth, ha.


Another puzzle!

Okay, today I fulfilled a long stand promise to Miss Cam: Chick-fil-A. She had never been, and why not? Of course it's just the drive through...

We did get a few groceries while we were out, but no Walmart for us! We were able to get a few necessities, plus a little something for Jon's birthday, Paul's birthday, and Sonja's birthday, all of which are in the next month, along with Miss Char's.

Starting tomorrow, in the county we do most of our shopping in, there is a new policy: separate shopping days for those born in odd and even years. One person per family, and keep it to the minimum. So we know we won't be going anywhere for a while, unless it's just a drive-through for coffee, or out on walks.

Abigail and I took the pups for a walk this afternoon, then Paul grilled some chicken. It's nice, having us here, but I really miss my other older kids, and the grandchildren, like crazy. I talk/facetime with Kathryn every day. She lives in Oregon, and is quite lonely. Her husband works a lot right now, so she's all alone with the little Achilles.

Anyway...life is good. I hope and pray this whole thing gets better soon. I also hope and pray I take my situations very seriously, and get lots of oil in my lamp, lots of treasures in heaven. Remember, when the Israelites were freed from their slavery in Egypt, how quickly they forget, and started to complain. I don't want to do that. Being with thankful people is good and easy and warm! Be that person, be thankful, and bless those you are with, especially during quarantine!!!!

5 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Hello!
Sounds like you are faring as best as possible in these crazy days.
Your family is so beautiful.
Hugs to you from Pennsylvania!

Valerie said...

Missed you! Glad you are all still well.

Krysta said...

Wow i didn't hear about shopping by birth year! I’m on Long Island where it is really bad & they have not started that yet. Is it the honor system? Do they check LOL.?
Glad you are staying safe

Linda M. Conley said...

It was so nice here yesterday in Hornell. It was like 55*, not overly warm, but the sun was nice. Sat out on the front porch, we bbq'ed, sat in the backyard and just was a pleasant day. Oh and we had neighbors stop by (safe distancing, of course). This nice weather is not me getting any final paper writing done, just keeping it real, LOL.

Have a great day, Della. smiles

Busy Bee Suz said...

I love the models; Miss Camille and Miss Charlotte. :)
I'm glad you are faring well. YAY for Chic Fil A!
Every other day for shopping is a great idea; also limiting how many family members at a time too. I'm able to go long stretches of time, but then it's only the two of us, so easy peasy.
Stay well and stay positive.