summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, August 4, 2020

before and after...almost!



So, tomorrow: second coat! We do not want to, but...we should. It takes so much longer than you think it will...spackling, sanding, wiping down the walls, putting away the jackets from the hooks (Jon took the brass hooks down, I'll spray paint them black, I painted the board they were mounted on, from pine to white, Camille painted the baseboards, which were still wood). We sorted the shoes again, too. Then painting (I ordered it online, and picked it up at Sherwin Williams, they put it right into the back of the car, and off we went.). Most of the kitchen stuff is in Sonja's room, we can't put it all back until we're done with that second coat. It looks nice, so far! We moved the tables into the middle of the room, and rather like them there!

Dinner: leftover Mac and cheese, and cauliflower and cheese, hot sausages with peppers and onions. A few cherries and some chocolate with almonds for dessert, no complaints here.

Rainy days when you're quarantined...not too shabby! What shall we do next?

Stay tuned for tomorrow's finished project pics, and hopefully soon, some answers, aka test results!

8 comments:

Susan said...

I am laughing because when you get an idea there is no stopping you Della! I love the color, it looks great. So I am thinking all is well in the health dept since everyone is helping with this project!♥️

Wanda said...

Busy little bees....looking good.

Linda said...

oh wowowowowow! But but but I liked the creamy buttery yellow, grin. Can't wait to see the new photos, s miles.

Joybells said...

The color is looking good, Della! And what a fun crew of worker bees. Looks like you're making good use of your time at home. :) I am in the process of painting our playroom a beautiful peacock blue. It contrasts so nicely with the oak built-ins and the brick fireplace. And I have my own little crew (ages 5 and 8) who have done an excellent job of keeping the paint on the wall! Yay for projects! And I hope your test results come soon. :)

16 blessings'mom said...

Susan, I do hope we are all well! The kids have had mild symptoms, so we hope it's a cold!
Wanda, thank you!
Linda, I did love the yellow, but we just needed something different. Today a second coat...ugh. The kids are good sports though, they're hard workers!

Shirley in Washington said...

Love the new paint color! Though the yellow was very cheery but I understand the need for a change especially during a quarantine. I hope the test results come back negative!

Anonymous said...

The new paint color looks great! What color did you end up going with (maybe I missed it). Your family certainly paints a lot more neatly than I do. I think that I have covered every inch of the floor with a drop cloth, and than my little splatter or drip lands right in a tiny area that is not covered. Hope the family stays healthy.

Laurie in California

Rose Sperlonga said...

Darn it! You always make me want to paint or chalk! LOL Looks great so far! Can't wait for the final pics!

And kids who help and don't complain??? Tell us the secrets! :)