summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, November 29, 2020

thank you, thank you, thank you!

The tree is standing up again! Emily and Grace helped me, but it wasn't steady. Paul shimmied some boards into the tree stand, then used fishing line to anchor it to the wall. Phew. It's not the most beautiful tree in the world, but it's big and sparkly. I'm not the biggest fan of white lights, I like all the colors, but the girls are most outspoken about this, so what the heck, right?
Emily, Grace, and I went out and about just a little yesterday. I got a few Christmas gifts, and something for me: a three pack of "readers", reading glasses, for eight dollars. Now I can be careless with my glasses again, until I'm down to the last pair. We had ham, mashed potatoes, applesauce supreme (a jar of unsweetened applesauce with six huge apples, peeled and sliced, plopped on top with sugar and cinnamon, baked), roasted asparagus and Brussel sprouts, Hawaiian rolls for dinner, then leftover pie for dessert. These are strange times indeed. This is my blog, for crying out loud, I've been writing here day after day for over 13 years, but now...I almost don't know what to write. The biggest part of my life, being with family, has been almost criminalized. I can't put up a pic with 14 people enjoying dinner, or mention the grandkids always wanting the same toy, or ramble on about our Christmas plans. No, I don't think someone is going to read it and call the cops, but. These are strange times though. I wonder if we should stop testing school kids for the virus, and instead test those who want to be with their friends and loved ones who are hospitalized or in nursing homes. Dying alone, being alone when you're sick and scared, or just being old and alone is CRIMINAL. It is WRONG. There has to be a way to end it! I'm going to end my rant for now, because I have things to do, because I'm actually going to...um, hold on to your hats, friends, I'm going to church. Actual, in person, with singing and happiness and thankfulness, church. mmm hmmm. It's within the law, at this time, because we are allowed 50% occupancy, and our building is huge. We do wear masks, and families sit together, so we do practice social distancing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so lucky. I miss church. Haven’t been since March. I watch on line. But here in California we are back to 10% capacity of whatever is smaller. With 2500 in a normal service, we won’t be able to get back for a long while and with it be 38 degrees in the mornings, outdoor services are out for us.

Kristi

Rachel said...

Momma you write about what you want to write about. You keep it real. I am there with you though feeling like a rebel when I post photos of our Thanksgiving meal. But these are the people that I have been around for the past 3 months. I can't stop that due to COVID. Life is meant to be lived. I understand the risks and am making my own decisions that make me comfortable.

Your tree is pretty. I am with you, I like colorful lights but to each his own. :) Hope you have a wonderful week.

Rose S. said...

I LOVE < LOVE > LOVE YOUR tree!! Beautiful!! I always want a real one but then I say no, to much mess ... lol But yours is so pretty and big and full! Reminds me of National Lampoons Christmas Vacation with Chevy Chase! We love that movie.

We over in Mass are sooo sick of covid. We went from zero cases to being on the damn uptick. I still go out. I wear a mask. I put my hand sanitizer on and I distance myself. And here is a kicker for ya... I live less than a mile from the Lee Premium outlets and this morning I went up to buy a gift and it was busy! Very, very busy. All NY and CT plates. So people want to be out there and support the stores. And although there is a rise of this crap out there, I just think its time to get our economy up and running again. For petes sake, we are adults ! We know the rules by now. ok.. now I'm off my rant! lol See? We can all rant and rave and it feels good... I won't judge you. :)

momfaith said...

Go to church!! That is wonderful! We have been going....in fact I go everyday when I can. Socially distant, receive Eucharist, all precautions in place here in Michigan. Be not afraid......
take care.....