summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, April 11, 2021

our idea of partying....

 





Cuppy-Cakes!!!  I got them made, but shh, I used boxed cake mix.  The frosting is a buttercream, butter/shortening, confect sugar, vanilla, no recipe, just eye it.  

The fruit:  cantaloupe, strawberries, blueberries, grapes, and mandarin oranges.  It was supposed to have watermelon, but it isn't watermelon season, the small one I bought tasted awful.
And, the pasta salad...somehow it got finished.

There was a lot of scrambling going on, but we got things done.  Paul and the girls got the chairs out and washed them down, and the little pool cleaned out and filled with water.  Paul went and got a bag of ice, and we filled the cooler with seltzer and iced tea.

Benjamin grilled the burgers, hot dogs, and coneys.

Nine of the kids were here, four spouses, and six grandchildren.  



Anya, Elise, Ophelia, and Lydia...the sandbox is rather small, but it's nice for them.

Princess Ophelia (and her mama, Molly, in the rocking chair)
Ahh, sandy grandkids...
And then there's baby Tennyson, he took a nap in the new stroller!

My sons Joseph and Benjamin, and son-in-law Adrian.
Paul (Grandpa!), talking to Ophelia about important things, like where her tummy is.

Days like these go by too fast, but it was special.  The warm day, unseasonably warm for us here in the northeast, it was 80-something degrees...today is a bit cooler, with rain forecast today and for the rest of the week.  So it was a special day, we're glad to be able to get together.  

The girls here all went to Emily/Abigail/Mariel's house and spent the night, so I'm alone here with Paul, and the two pups, and two kitties.  Sunny usually sleeps with Charlotte Claire, so when Char's gone, she sleeps with us...she is a HUGE baby, she would whine and scratch at the door, bite it, too, destroy it!, if we left her in the living room...Suri is absolutely fine by herself, she's more independent and sane, ha.  So Sunny hogged my side of the bed, big time.  She sprawls out and makes herself comfy, she thinks she's a people, I think.





4 comments:

Linda said...

Awesome sauce! Yes, it was quite humid...sigh...where did spring go? Went straight to summer. Happy Happy Birthday Paul!!!

Anonymous said...

It got hot here, too, for a couple of days. But now we are looking at showers and 50s and 60s for a week. I don't mind, though- it makes for more pleasant walks. Is Joseph growing out his hair? Lovely pictures of your family ❤️
Valerie

16 blessings'mom said...

Linda, I like spring better than summer, except for when I actually have my suit on and can go in the water. I get way too hot, way too easily. I think Paul did have a decent birthday...
Valerie, that's a nice way to put it ha. Joe is what is commonly known around here as "my favorite child." Now, we all know, a mom cannot REALLY have favorites, but Joseph...well, he's funny, and kind, and easy to be with...he and his wife Bethany bought a little house in town, and live there with their dog Bella and their kitty, Billy. Joseph is an artist, he works long hours, and creates these amazing scenes, strange characters...sort of trading card? He's always been creative and talented. His hair is long and curly, to each his own, I guess. He's still handsome to me, but we mamas tend to see our kids through those rose colored glasses...
(Once someone asked my mom, who raised seven children and had over 40 grandkids, if she had a favorite. Yes, she said. Whomever I'm with.)

Anonymous said...

We had an unusual and delicious frosting recipe in my family- confectionary sugar, butter, vanilla and... wait for it.... a raw egg. I SWEAR it’s delicious. And none of us have gotten salmonella yet ;) my grandma said it was from her German relatives but who knows!