summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, July 29, 2021

a good day's work....

My days start sweetly, little boys with sleepy eyes, in their pajamas.  These little boys like Grandma to make them some brekky, and read some stories.  Today:  pancakes with sprinkles and whipped cream.

I had to be at church by ten for my shift in the kitchen, it was absolutely amazing.  I got to talk to a few friends I haven't seen in so long, and got to know a few more that I knew by name, but never really talked to much.  Many hands make light the task, and also make FUN the task.  We made cornbread to go with tomorrow's barbecue (seven pans of it!), we made four huge pans of apple crisp.  We cut up grilled chicken breast, and brushed on butter and garlic to the tops of the bread sticks.  The dinner menu was Italian food: grilled chicken,  fettuccine Alfredo sauce, angel hair pasta, red sauce with meatballs and curly pasta, salad and endless breadsticks.  Dessert:  the 400 cookies I made on Monday (they were baggied up and put in the refrigerator).  Snack later:  big pretzels, nacho cheese sauce, tortilla chips, salsa...
I left at six o'clock, before the meal was actually served.  My feet hurt, my knees were killing me, and I wanted to get home here to see the little guys.  

Wulf wanted me to take him for a walk, but ugh, I couldn't do that!  I suggested we go for ice cream, and we did!


When we got home, I got out a toy I had gotten at the thrift store a while ago, a Hot Wheels set.

It is a chain reaction type set, one car hits another and then another and all down the track things happen, it's very cool.







The kids are having a nice time at camp, they sent a few pics...
That's Jonathan on the ladder, with his big brother Benjamin on the right.
The pool area...
Some of the cabins...

Miss Char and Miss Cam when they were little...
Camille and me...she was the sweetest!

Anyway, it was a day!  I loved it, and it went by too fast, now it's time to go to bed, because tomorrow is more fun!!!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Della! Your church grounds looks like a lovely resort! Lots of work to keep it so beautiful. Those little boys are adorable 🥰 Enjoy your weekend!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

chrissy said...

your church looks huge!