summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, July 25, 2021

another day of summer, blasted right by...

 



Sonja K., Margaret, me, Tennyson in the stroller, Evelyn Joy, Charlotte Claire with Wulf, and Camille...we went to the mall.  Char wanted to try on some sneakers she wants, before ordering them online.  She would just buy them in the store, but they don't come in the color she wants.  She's been working hard doing landscaping, earning a little money, so she can be picky.  

I only bought a few things, clearance rack things, but then some good coffee beans from The Finger Lakes Coffee Roasters, as well as a nice cup to drink on the way home.  Char and Cam opted for bubble tea, they're crazy about that stuff.  

We decided to order pizza for lunch/dinner, because it was so hot out, I didn't feel like going home and cooking!  Instead, we went home and went in the pool!  Pizza on the pool deck, how's that for opulence?  

  Tomorrow is cookie day...I'm making three triple batches of dough...and baking it all.  At least, that's the plan....it's going to be hot tomorrow, hot and sunny, so hopefully I won't melt in the kitchen.  I'm baking them at church, where there's an oven with six racks, that's not so bad.  

Anyway...goodnight!  (Sometimes I leave parts out.  Camille is playing the violin, at ten o'clock at night, one of the girls stepped on a stick and had to have an antibiotic because a red line was starting to snake up...stuff happens....Margaret hurt her knee...she's staying here with her kids this week, so we baby proofed today...). But, it was a good day.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Della πŸ‘‹ That’s a lotta cookies!! Wow………… you are a treasure I would say. Pizza on the pool deck sounds perfect to me too. Have fun with those little boys this week too!! Busy, busy……….. they will keep you out of mischief I’m sure!: πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Marilyn from Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦

Terri D said...

Glad you have that big oven at the church. I would be drowning in cookie dough!! God bless you! Love the photos and I love how you all do so much together! Snap a picture of all those cookies for us, please! I can't even imagine! xo