summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, September 5, 2022

in the middle of a rainy day...

 ...coffee, pumpkin wax warmer, rain drumming on the metal roof...and quiet.  I've done some dishes and some laundry, and fed the kitties and the doggies, let them in and out.  Abigail got up and hit the road, she's going back to Delaware today.  I'm glad for the time with her, but it's hard that she's moving away.  

Yesterday was Tennyson Paul's birthday, two years old!  I love love love him.

Auntie Evelyn with Rhys, and Tenny...
Hmm, wonder what THIS could be...(Adrian, Achilles in the background, Wulf, and Tennyson opening his scooter.

Margaret made his cake...Achilles took a candle after they all blew them out, and took a bite out of it.
Tennyson, so cute.  He liked his party.  He got a stroller for his baby doll, clothes, some toy dishes, the scooter, a little train toy, and a pair of tongs, from his Aunt Grace.  He loves tongs.  He picked up his baby doll with them.  

The youth conference was a roaring success, the kids had so much fun, and such good meetings.  Emily will have to recuperate from it all, the planning and cooking and coordinating the serving.  There was tons of help, of course, she didn't do it all alone, but I think she's resting up today.  
Emily with friend Kong...
...with Kim...


Happy, that's the word to describe the crew who works in the kitchen!

Ah, I like a nice day off.   I might be off to the church this afternoon, as there's a small barbecue going on...to help in the kitchen.  A group of young people who traveled from British Columbia is heading back tomorrow, so since they're still here, why not have a gathering with sports, a cook out, a meeting?  

I am planning to head to the city today, to get another gallon of paint...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Della! I just love the pictures and just can’t believe Tennyson is 2 already………or that Elise is off to kindergarten! He had fun unwrapping his scooter I think. Sooooooooo cute.

Dull here today too and rain clouds are gathering, so I’m REALLY hoping for some rain. Everything is just so dry. It’s 16C at the moment 🙄 yesterday was 33C. Go figure. They say if you don’t like the weather in Alberta wait for a 5 minutes and it will change! 🙄🙄 I just climbed up our big ladder and cleaned 2 big ceiling fans. If my girls knew I was up a big ladder they would have a fit, so I don’t mention it…………I can’t let my husband do it, he’s 82 and had a horrible fall last year………..so like you I’m doing some cleaning today. Good day for it.

You have a lovely day!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Terri D said...

I love all your photos today!! Awesome fun and beautiful people!! xo

Deb said...

Looks like a nice party. The cake looks yummy and the birthday boy looks like he had fun.

I'm new to your blog and to your family. Those are some interesting names. I love them!