summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, April 21, 2024

grandma-ing

 This weekend has been like a throw-back to the Having-Little-Ones days.  Right now I'm all settled in on the couch where I have slept the last few nights, across from the futon where Wulf and Tenny are still asleep.  I tiptoed out and made a coffee, and here I am.  I told them I was going to sleep in my own bed and they would be fine out here, but they were having NONE of that.  Wulf said, "Grandma, we like when you sleep on the couch!"  What could I say to that?

Yesterday morning, Kathryn was going to take her two oldest out for some fun while Darius stayed home with the little one.  I asked if I could join with Wulf and Tennyson, so off we went to the diner.

Rhys
Tennyson, Wulf, Achilles

Wulf, Tennyson, Rhys, Achilles

It was chilly and windy, but they wanted to look at the river...

We had fun at my house too, they went out "exploring" in the back yard...

Rhys fell asleep on me, and Tennyson took this wonderful picture:)
Bugs Bunny with Grandpa!
Tennyson, Achilles, Wulf, snuggled up to get warm after playing outside...with Suri and Sunny

Wulf wanted me to build him a jail...
Emily had taken Char and Cam out and about, and came in for a visit...Tennyson LOVES his Aunt Emily.
Charlotte Claire prob won't love this picture, but she's cute.

We did bring the kids for ice cream, and it was like the old days...one had to pee, one had to poop, another had to pee...good thing there was a bathroom right there in the ice cream place.  

Being around little kids is refreshing.  They like knock-knock jokes, and silly nonsense, and they want to know everything about everything.  Tenny, three years old, pointed out the sprinkler system in the diner.  He told me water would spray out if there was a fire.  They like to collect little things, and when we went in Target, they asked before we went in, if they could get a toy.  I told them they have enough toys, but shh, I did get them each one of these...
They're still asleep, Wulf and Tenny, they're such good little boys.  I'll make them waffles this morning, then we'll go to church.  

We're having a Yard Clean Up day here this coming weekend.  I bought kayak hangers to install under the deck, and am going to order some hooks too, to organize shovels and rakes.   Some of the older kids are coming over to help, and I'll be grilling some good food.  

Anyway...have a nice day, and thank you for reading my ramblings...:)


6 comments:

Marilyn said...

Hi Della!

I love reading your ramblings 😊 Those little kids are so lucky to have such a lovely grandma! What kids wouldn’t just love to go to your house. So much fun there!

We are moving and oh my goodness you would not believe the stuff we have. We are moving into a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom independent living complex. We want to do while we are able……. My hubby has Parkinson’s Disease and of course it won’t get any better. He’s going well at the moment though. This place is beautiful and it’s new we have a lovely balcony too! I’ll keep you posted! Our children are very glad we have made this decision on our own. They have been helping with everything and we are so grateful.

Have a lovely day 🥰

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Mari said...

Being a Grandma is the best! I can see you all had a great time!
We have a pin art piece from when our kids were younger. The grandkids play with it about every time they come over.

Terri D said...

Awww... love this post with all of the littles!! Great idea to have a clean-up day. Keep us posted on how that goes. Brilliant!!

16 blessings'mom said...

Marilyn, that actually sounds like a nice idea to downsize while your kids are willing and available to help. Two bedroom two bath, not too shabby either! I'm glad your husband is doing well, too. :)
Mari, it is the best!
Terri, I am excited about the clean up day! It's like when they were younger and we'd set aside a day and try to get them all to pitch in...so much can get done in one day!

Cindy Anderson said...

You are such a wonderful grandma! They have so much fun when they're with you! Can I come exploring with you and your grands? :)
I was deleting pics on my phone earlier today and came across some I took two years ago when Chuck and I were on the Washington coast. We spent 5 days walking along the shore, seeing shells and logs, sea grass and driftwood... it was wonderful!

Anonymous said...

I have 3 blogs linked on a tab called "blogs" and yours is one of them. I'll forget about it a while and come back and I'm always pleased to see you're still writing! I wanted to tell you...years and years ago I was reading your blog and I saw you talk about your Charlotte and I thought, I really like that name! Maybe I will use it, and I did :D My Charlotte Caroline is 11 years old now. Anyway, good to see you're still sharing.