summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, April 19, 2024

washers and carpets and cookies, oh my!

 

The new washing machine arrived bright and early this fine morning.  Paul hooked it up, lickety-split.  He put a load of his laundry in, and...  Oh, they gave us extra hoses?, I asked as I was going out the door...OH NO, he said, OOPS.  He forgot to attach the drain hoses!  No worries, he fixed it.  We're doing like the fourth load now, it is quick and it is quiet.  
Our new stair carpeting!  It's kind of "greige-y". We didn't want straight on beige, or gray, so this is a mixture.  It's not the best picture, but it's a very nice, good quality, dense carpeting...and, it's a remnant!  The guy measured the stairs, said we could get away with an 8x12 or bigger remnant....so today, Miss Char and Miss Cam went on a little outing with me, to the carpet store.  The saleslady said that yellow tags were half off...so we paid less than a hundred for the carpeting.  Of course then there's labor and the padding and tax, so it was almost six hundred dollars, but that's not too terribly bad.  You know me, once she said the yellow tags were half off, I narrowed my focus...:)
Kathryn came over with the kids for a visit yesterday, and I decided to make peanut butter cookies.  I also made some keto-ish peanut butter cookies, I'm sure they weren't half as good as these were.

Wulf and Tennyson are here now, for the weekend.  We're going to the pool in a little while...then making pizza, and I have some chicken legs marinating in lime juice, salt and pepper.  

Ah well, the boy are investigating my fake fireplace, they have set up car track all over, and have already had homemade waffles with strawberries and whipped cream.  They're happy to be here, and are such good boys.  The dryer is buzzing, it's my laundry, so off I go...have a really good day, and a nice weekend.

3 comments:

Mari said...

Hooray for a working washer!
I like the carpet. The color is very nice!

Latane Barton said...

What ever would we women do without our washing machines? I imagine you have tons of laundry to do. I remember winning a washing machine (years ago). At the time I was doing my washing in the kitchen sink!

16 blessings'mom said...

Mari, I know, a working washer is so nice! And yes, I like the carpet...I'm horrible at making decisions, I go back and forth, but this seemed right, plus it had that yellow tag...so half price, ha.
Latane, I know, the washing machine...my mother used to tell me about the wringer washer she had, way back when. When I was first married, we got a second hand washing machine, and I washed diapers and hung them to dry, until I got a dryer when my oldest was almost two...I washed diapers for the first six kids. But washing the clothes in the kitchen sink, oh dear, you must have been so excited about winning a washing machine.