Walking the line between what's my story to tell and infringing on privacy isn't always easy. But we have had a challenging week here. Last I told you, Grace was in the hospital, she was there until last evening. Evelyn had a bad migraine, which turned the corner in a very bad way. I was headed to Sam's house to celebrate Ruth turning five years old...poor girl, her mama in the hospital on her birthday! (I stopped and got pink frosted cupcakes and donuts and raspberries and strawberries, bacon and eggs, frozen meatballs and sauce). Anyway, Sam lives across the street from Evelyn, he called me and asked what was wrong with Evelyn, because there was a police car, firetruck, and ambulance at her house...I thought he was teasing me, they all know how I go from zero to totally freaked in no time flat.
Well, he wasn't kidding. Evelyn went to the hospital and suffered several seizures. They moved her to the ICU, and gave her meds to stop the seizures and lower the blood pressure, she had some other serious issues going on, and it was very scary. Emily left work and came here to take care of newborn Bridget, I came back from Sam's and helped her...Suzanne and Zech came over because Suze was quite upset, and they wanted to help...turned out they were needed...half hour after they got here, Darius called and needed someone at his house so he bring Kathryn to the hospital...here's where I'll leave you in the dark, she likes her privacy, but Suze and Zech went over there immediately.
Kathryn is most likely going to be okay. She may be able to go home today, after two nights there, her baby is doing well (due in Oct/Nov). She's on the same floor as Evelyn, who was moved from the ICU last evening. So we went and visited both of them. Molly works at that hospital, so she came in too. Mariel works at the cancer center right up in that area, so she was able to be up there when things were really scary. Emily used to work with the dr. who took care of Evelyn, so that was helpful.
Yesterday we had a full house here. Nate had spent the night here taking care of Bridget, so he left to go see Evelyn, I had newborn...with Suze's help...then Darius brought Achilles, Rhys, Jamie, and Ellis over. He went to spend some time with Kathryn. Oscar and Sonja came over with little Kaia, the kids had tons of fun...Sonja played hide and seek, Oscar played Sorry! Zech talked to Achilles for a good hour about Spongebob show plots.
I wanted to make sure I gave the kids some dinner, because Mariel was picking them up and bringing them home...it was like one of my nightmares! The box of corndogs I was thinking of giving them had only one in it. I had no hot dogs, so I made boxed Mac and cheese, sliced up some chicken breast I had grilled that was still good, made corn tortillas (Suze did that), chopped onion and cilantro, made eight crunchy chicken drums in the air fryer...it was like when the kids were little....Kaia and Ellis were in the kitchen with me, toddling around...Sonja put Ellis in the high chair and fed both he and Kaia their dinner...Achilles didn't want any dinner, even if I make the same food as his mom, he said, it tastes different...I get it. He was also anxious about his mom and wanted his dad to come back.
So Suzanne and Zech and I headed up to the hospital with Bridget last evening, right as Mariel was picking up Kathryn's kids...(Paul held down the fort for a little while). Evelyn was so happy to see her baby, although she couldn't hold her very well yet. We left baby with Nate and went down the hall to see Kathryn. Suze and Zech went down to the vending machines and got snacks and drinks for Kap and Eve and Nate before we loaded Bridget back into her car seat and brought her to spend the night with Aunt Emily....
My pictures aren't loading at all, not sure why...but I have things to do and places to go and a living room to vacuum...you all have a good day, and hug your dear ones....

No comments:
Post a Comment