summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, January 13, 2008

a family day

When people hear how many kids we have, they comment on the chaos. Yes, we have our moments. But sometimes, we have some relative peace and quiet. This afternoon for example: Ben is off somewhere, Emily is at work, Joe, Aaron, Sam, and Molly are ice-skating at an outdoor rink downtown with friends, Mariel is in Arizona for 10 days with friends, so that leaves only 9 at home with mom and dad. Camille is in for a nap, and the rest of the kids just watched a movie. So it was relatively quiet: except: Charlotte bit Sonja, not once, but 2 times. And pulled her hair. She is only 20 months old. I had to give her a little spank, which I actually hate, but: Sonja has deep teeth marks on her cheek, on top of the bite mark from yesterday, so: something had to be done. Charlotte has to understand that her actions are bad. I mean, when she bites and laughs, no way. Anyway, that's why I say relatively quiet. I did read the whole Sunday paper today, holding Camille. With her fussing on and off, it took a few hours.
Ben is home: his car isn't. It's at his friend's house, dead. Hopefully it can be revived. He has a tough time in life, Ben does. I personally believe that God really wants him to turn to Him.

I miss my parents, even though I am all grown up. My mother would love little Camille Anaya. She is only 9 weeks old, weighs 14 lbs., 4 ozs, and she sucks her thumb, all the time. It is just so cute. It helps her sleep, too, usually all night. She has these big blue eyes, and huge fat cheeks, and little baby thunder thighs...she sneezes and punches herself in the nose. My mother would also love Charlotte Claire. Even though she bites like a vampire, she is really sweet. She doesn't talk much, which Gramma would try to correct...but she screams, and boy do we know what she wants and doesn't want. And Jonathan, they would love him. He has the vocabulary of an eighth grader, is fascinated with all tractors, trucks, and trains, sucks his thumb, is well potty trained, which means he never wets his pants. He is gentle and tender, and hardly ever bratty. Though he did cry all the way through Wal-Mart the other day for a new train. Right.

Camille Anaya's little nap is over, so is my post.

No comments: