summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

new year's day

I took a huge rest/nap today. I felt so guilty, that I dreamt that Paul cleaned our room (and expanded it by several feet, a theme that runs through many of my dreams). When I got up and came out here, the tree was gone! He had undecorated it, etc., so my guilt was justified. The thing is, with a little baby, a three hour nap doesn't mean a 3 hour sleep. She slept in her carriage for the first 45 minutes, and just as I started to doze, she was awake. So, into bed with me she went. I nursed her on and off for a while, then we both fell asleep. It has been a lazy day here. We celebrated New Year's Eve at our meeting hall last night, and came home after 1 o'clock. So the kids are pooped, and meals have been those sporadic group of kids at a time things....I wanted to make a pot of soup for dinner, and they all claimed they are not hungry. I guess when you eat lunch at 4 o'clock, that happens....

I gave sleeping Camille Anaya to Benjamin so I could write this, and she promptly woke up, so Evelyn has a fussing baby. Rats. I feel guilty for sitting here on the computer anyway, so I better go. Guilt is a mother's closest friend. I even feel bad throwing a load of laundry in when someone has to hold baby for me. But those dirty inside-out socks sort of even it out!!!!

No comments: