summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, December 29, 2014

another quiet day here in crazy town....

I got up and walked this morning! It wasn't easy, it was cold out there! The snow was coming down sideways in the cold wind. There isn't any snow on the ground, but when it's wintery, I want to stay in the house. But once I am walking, I am always glad I went. It clears my mind. I can think about things. It's like meditation, and a little bit of exercise at the same time.

Home again, ahh, coffee...an omelet with tomatoes and green peppers...and a trip to the library with Paul, Kathryn, Evelyn, Suzanne, Sonja, and Camille. Then a quick stop at the store for some important things, plus five advent calendars with chocolate in them, for twenty cents each.

Home...we had meatballs and hot sausage, pasta (not for me!, I had green beans instead). Jonathan made oatmeal chocolate cookies all by himself from a book we got from the library. I don't know what he did, hey came out strange, bu oh so good. I had a few tastes.

I read a whole library book this evening. I almost hate having a good book, I just read the whole thing.

We have some fun plans for New Years! Paul and I will be with only the little kids for New Year's eve, so we are planning on doing something fun like going to a movie, then making a special dinner. Camille got to choose a dessert...blue jello. blah. Char is going to pick some ice cream to go with it. They also want to make a pineapple upside down cake, which is fine with me, I am allergic to pineapple so I won't touch it. The older kids are all going to be celebrating with their church friends)

It's getting colder here in the Northeast. brr. I don't like the blowing snow, or walking on ice...it makes me want to hunker in the house and eat cookies.

Tomorrow I have to go to the motor vehicle department, one of my un-favorite places, with my daughter, to get a copy of her driving record to send away to the court along with some other paperwork, to try to get her traffic ticket reduced. blah. But we will make the most of it...I'll take her for coffee or something. Life is too short to whine about wasted time, even if it's going to the DMV.

Ah well....I am distracted, which is my middle name lately. All the little details that make up life....that's why I like to blog, it clears my head almost as much as going on my walks.....

2 comments:

Chrissy in Chaos said...

Hi! I have pinched your green beans idea. It was odd the first time but now I tend to eat beans when the kids have pasta. :) thank you!

16 blessings'mom said...

It is a little strange, but so much healthier, even if you use canned green beans which aren't so nutritional. I am used to it now...:)