summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, December 18, 2017

just call me grandma!!!! a new baby has been born!!!

A baby grandson! Little Grant has been born! My son Samuel is a daddy. And now I have four grandchildren.

The little family is in Virginia, 6 -7 hours from here, but guess what? Yeah, we're going to go see this new baby this week. Not sure of the details yet, and we don't want to overwhelm the new mama, but we thought a short meet on Wednesday, maybe a little visit on Thursday, and then back home by Friday. So, road trip the week before Christmas!

Since he's not my newborn, I don't want to post any pics without asking, but will you believe me that he's beautiful?

What else is happening here...cookies!

I made a double batch on Saturday, a ten cups of flour recipe. It took h o u r s.

One container is in the freezer, most of them went to the church Christmas celebration yesterday, which was totally fun and amazing.

We had some older kids and the three granddaughters over in the afternoon. Anya said to me, "Grandma, I'm starving. We could have macaroni and cheese. It's really easy to make." So thankfully I had some. Paul had made ginger stew with venison, but little kids like their mac and cheese, and mini hot dogs too. I cut up some carrots and celery and oranges, too.

The granddaughters light up my life.

Anyway. Today has things that need to be accomplished: one van won't start, is the battery still under warranty? Jon needs his small game license, and we are almost out of paper towels.

And I need to make menus and plans for the upcoming days...and planning, um, it's not my thing.

5 comments:

Rose S. said...

Congrats on your new grandson! How nice at Christmas. Nothing like a Christmas baby!

Can't wait to see a pic!

Merry Christmas Grandma! :)

Rose

Joybells said...

Yaaaay and congratulations!! An extra dose of Christmas cheer. Babies are pure miracles, aren't they? Love the name!

What a cute little remark from Anya. She sounds so smart and grown-up. :)

Merry Christmas!

Joy from Salem

Marilyn said...

Congratulations Grandma!! What a lovely Christmas gift. Have a good trip down there to meet him 💕💕

Marilyn from Canada

Michelle said...

Congratulations on your newest Grandbaby!

Martha said...

Congratulations on the new grandbaby! Each and every one is special, but you already know that.
:0)