summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, December 23, 2017

we visited warmth and sunshine...


His name is Grant! Isn't he precious?

We drove down to Virginia, and 50 degrees and sunny, yes sir, we'll take it.

With Evelyn, enjoying some sun.


Adrian, Emily, Mirielle, me, and Evelyn...we went to the hospital to visit baby, and to see Grace and Samuel. Baby Grant was in the NICU (newborn intensive care) with an infection, so I.V. antibiotics, and low sugar levels, and then he developed jaundice. I was the only one of us five to be able to go in and see baby, but I couldn't hold him. Seeing Samuel hold him was precious enough though.




The next day we went out walking, and went shopping, and to lunch, before heading back to the hospital. Imagine our surprise and delight that Grant was doing so much better, he was expected to move into the regular nursery before night! So we all got to visit him, and hold him!!!






Samuel is totally smitten. I am so proud of both he and Grace, they are good parents already.

And this is all for now...home again!!!


5 comments:

Pamela Wade said...

Oh wow! He is so precious and beautiful! I can tell you're totally smitten! Congratulations! ~~Pam

tiphaine said...

what a precious little baby! Congratulations to the parents!
I followed your blog a while back, and we were friends on FB for a while, but I cancelled my account, it was starting to keep me from real life. I miss the blogging atmosphere from 10 years ago, before fb was the thing, people took more time to read and comment.
anyway I just read a few of your posts and I missed your wisdom.
I started reading here when I was engaged and now I have 4 kids and that wisdom is very much appreciated. :)

LK said...

Congrats on the new arrival and Merry Christmas!!

Susan said...

Grant is darling! Congratulations to Sam and Grace!

Marilyn said...

Hi Della! What a beautiful baby. I just love little babies 💕💕 No wonder you are in awe. I hope you have just the best Christmas with all your family..........we are going to one set of family tonight and another lot tomorrow and then they are all coming here on Boxind Day!! Such fun 🤗

ENJOY 🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄

Marilyn from Canada