summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, February 9, 2018

my sweet baby....

Well, I can barely contain myself this fine morning. Guess who will be here in TWO HOURS? Little Grant!!! My only grandson, grandchild #4, Samuel and Grace's baby Grant. I got to meet him when he was born, but have not seen him since, and every time I see a pic of him, it makes me teary eyed, and I just WANT him. They live in Virginia, and are coming here for the weekend!!!!

So when you're having company for the weekend, you clean the house. I knew all week they were coming. I did. So I did little things like take the couch apart and vacuum under the cushions, washed all the covers. I washed lots of bedding, and Jonathan cleaned up his room so Grace and baby Grant can stay in there. Then last night, I went to Target and got some room-darkening drapes and a new curtain rod, since Jon didn't have any curtains and his mini-blinds had broken. Jonathan knows his way around a drill, so he put the new curtain rod up, no problem.

So here's the thing, my procrastination level is at an all time high...here I sit, knowing I should sweep and mop and put some cookies in the oven, ha. And the bathroom could use a good cleaning, and and and. The longer I wait, the more quickly I'll have to move, and the more efficient I'll be, right?

Here's something else that's happy: Lydia is coming over today. Mali has to work, and Zac has class, so we get to have her over. She's cuter and sweeter with every visit. She is also two years old, which explains why yesterday she totally lost it when her mama had the nerve to start peeling the orange that Lydia was planning to peel. It's almost like two year olds have have a tantrum coming on and are just waiting for one thing to not go their way, and woosh.

Yesterday we went to little Davian's 6th birthday party. Anne is his baby sister, and I watch her three days a week. She saw me and gave me the sweetest hug. It was nice to see my sister (Davian and Anne are her grandchildren), and my nieces. My sister Cheryl, my only sister, has seven daughters, six are now married, and #7 is engaged and will be married in May, up in Ottawa, Canada, so yay road trip! Anyway. It was nice to spend some time with them.

We had to leave to pick up Kathryn, who spent a few days at Emily - Abigail - Mirielle's house in town, because they have fast internet, and Kathryn works from home. We did venture to Target, at 8:30 p.m. Camille got some flip-flops for Florida, and I got some cheese popcorn, kitty litter, and the curtains. I must have had a few more things in that cart, because it came to a hundred dollars. Ouch, ouch. One time I realized that on the bottom of the receipt, there is a "Red Card Savings This Year...", and that is 5%, so that means I spent 95% more than that, ouch. And believe me, I don't just go in there dropping things in the cart willy-nilly.

Well, I have bedding to put in the dryer and floors to sweep and mop. I am so excited. Yay!!! Yay for grandchildren!!!!

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Hi Della! Enjoy your sweet baby grandson 🤗🤗💕💕

Marilyn from Canada

An American Housewife said...

"... And believe me, I don't just go in there dropping things in the cart willy-nilly."

That made me laugh. LOL. I love it. You talk like me. Maybe that's why I like you so much. We have much in common! :)



(We found out today we have grandchild #3 on the way!)