summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, February 27, 2018

the house is a mess!

In my dream life, I would never utter this phrase, nor even think it in a panic upon hearing of the imminent arrival of company. I would just calmly register the fact that someone was coming over, straighten the couch pillows, and sit down sipping coffee waiting for friends to come over.

Why do we always long for what's just out of reach?

I know, I know, I can hear you...Just Clean The Freakin' House.

And I try. I really do. Every day, I do the basics, I keep the floors swept and mopped and the counters cleaned off, the dishes done, and I keep up with the laundry these days. But the closets get unorganized and filled with things we don't need, and things get haphazardly crammed into cupboards, and I get these piles of stuff in my room. I have bags of good things I bought, which I can't find when I need them, and sometimes, ha, it's like mini-Christmas when I find these treasures when I'm not even looking for them.

I read about the 40 day garbage bag challenge, where, yes you guessed it, you remove a garbage bag full of stuff from your house every day for 40 days, hopefully to the second hand store. I am going to try that. Seriously. I want to go minimalist. Ha. I THINK that, then I see some really cool stuff I would like to have, and...

But I am doing better. I went to the thrift store the other day and parked my cart back in the front of the store with nothing in it. I don't want any more junk. I don't want a third dog, and no more kitties. I hate to say it, but I think I may have grown up.

But not all the way. Here's how I know: give me a sunny day and I'll abandon this challenge, and every other lick of housework in a heartbeat, and leave for an adventure.

I will also still stay up way too late reading my book, and be too tired to think straight in the morning, but will still do it again the next night.

I am trying to get back on the no sugar lifestyle after the stupendous trip to Florida. Peanut butter M&M's, you made me gain four pounds! Now that doesn't seem like alot, but I worked for weeks to go down a few pounds before the trip, and blah. But, I am going back to Keto eating, and am looking forward to seeing some results. A few weeks ago, I complained to my son Benjamin about my lack of weight loss...how I do well all week, then eat two cookies and gain two pounds back, and I kid you not. He said, "Well, you have to choose...is it worth it to you to NEVER eat the cookies, and lose fifty pounds? Or just keep doing this...?" I want to lose the fifty pounds. I do. I want to feel better and be able to wear things that I'm not super-muffin-ing out of, and I don't want to be so hot and sweaty and have to cover my upper arms, ha.

I am going to the doctor this afternoon, and I'm dreading the blood pressure reading. I know it gets better with good diet and exercise, and the good diet thing I have been doing better on, but blah.

Ah well...things to do, children to teach, little Anne to play with...

No comments: