summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, February 5, 2018

the days are too much fun...


Little Miss Lydia Eleanor...isn't she cute? She's my two and a half year old granddaughter, Mali's daughter. She came over for the day yesterday...:)

There is never a dull moment around here, I tell ya. We lost our van keys, so we have to have our van towed to the dealership to have new ones cut. The dealership will order key fobs for us, but will charge $200 each. So I ordered two off Amazon for $19.86. The dealership will charge fifty bucks each to cut them. When they arrive in the mail, I have to get the van towed...until then, there is a fifty dollar cash reward to anyone here who finds those dang keys.

So, in eleven days, I am going to Florida with Evelyn, Suzanne, Sonja, Charlotte Claire, and Camille. We are going to visit Grandma! And what a welcome relief it will be to sit in the sun, and soak in the warmth, and sit and talk with Grandma...our trip will be short, as we have many reasons to come home early, most importantly this: Paul is gone for work, and will come home right after we leave for Florida, then leave again for a week when we were supposed to come back..so he will be home for the week we're gone...so we HAVE to come home a few days early so we can see him.

So Grandma so nicely let us choose an amusement park to visit while we are in Florida. This has lead to hours of debate here. Universal Studios was the first choice, but, concerned with long lines, we are instead going to Magic Kingdom. We went to Magic Kingdom a few years ago, and it was truly magical. Evelyn has never been, and she is going this time, so yay!

We had burgers and fries for dinner, and a cute little personal sized watermelon which was so yummy, it tasted like summer.

Today, I went bye-bye THREE times. The first time I left a bit after eight and picked Kathryn up from Benjamin and Ashley's apartment...she stayed there to watch their Border Collie while they visited Florida. They got home during the night last night, Kathryn picked them up at the airport so of course I was awake to make sure she got there okay, there was snow...blah. But it was fine, she was fine, and they are probably all tired today.

Anyway, I picked her up, and we went into the store really quickly since we were out, we got apples and oranges and milk. We filled the truck with gas, then headed home.

Later, I brought Miss Camille to the library. She takes forever and a day to pick out a book, I was on page 54 of one of my new books by the time she made her first selection.

Home...ah home...for five minutes. Evelyn and I went to the small city to pick up a cross-stitch Grandma had done and had framed for baby Grant. Then we went to Walmart for a new toaster. Our old one died, got dropped onto the deck while getting the crumbs cleaned out. Springs were falling out.

Home, time to make the dinner.

We are getting more snow this week, and it's cold out. It's February, so what do I expect? It's just that you have to get out when you can...

We just watched Jeopardy!, and the girls are cleaning up the kitchen, since I made the dinner, and they aren't going anywhere tonight.

Ah well, there are a lot of daughters here in the living room, and I don't want to miss anything, ha.

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Hi Della..........I am so sick and tired of winter too..........oh my goodness.........it seems to be never ending, doesn’t it? I think it’s worse over your way though. Of course there is much more traffic too, but my goodness.......we watch the ABC news very night and so many accidents and now tornadoes!! You will be so looking forward to going to Florida. We are looking forward to Australia I can tell you 😊🌞🌞🌞 Lydia is a little dolly, isn’t she? It’s hard to believe she’s 2 1/2 already. Where does the time go! I hope someone finds those keys 🤗

Marilyn from Canada

Joybells said...

I'm really enjoying catching up on your blog, Della! Sounds like you're still in the thick of winter. Florida is gonna be great!