summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, October 22, 2018

making lemonade....

from the lemons of life.

Actually, today is a cold dark day, absolutely cozy in here, and Anne has already gone home. I helped Jonathan paint his new room during nap time. I got hot and sweaty, then when I took a break, I got freezing. Such is middle age, right?

I feel bad for Joseph and his wrecked car. Really bad. But he's all right, and I'm thankful for that. Maybe it's the weather, maybe it's that the kids are growing up super fast right now, maybe it's because Paul has been gone so much lately (hunting!), but I could just cry. I'm not really sad, but just feeling rather melancholy, which btw is one of my favorite words.

Our new roof is sitting in the yard. Adrian and Jonathan are putting it on this weekend. I'll help all I can. I hope the weather is good for it.

We haven't bought flooring yet, are trying to decide which kind to get, the vinyl planking or laminate. I am leaning towards the vinyl, it's pricier but lasts longer and is waterproof. We also have to get four new tires on the minivan, because SOMEONE hit a curb really hard, and by the next morning, that front tire was FLAT. The other tires need replacing anyway, so it's time. And yeah, it was me. I hit it. Then Evelyn drove the van in the evening, and Saturday morning commented on how awful the van was driving...then we noticed the flat tire...that's why, Evelyn! I must have damaged it and then it went flat later when she was driving.

I made a pan of almond bread today because I wanted something yummy and baked. It's not really yummy but it looks good and smells good. I put a bit of apricot jam on it, and not too bad.

Did you know you can go to Mexico for under a thousand dollars for a week, including airfare and all meals and drinks? The sun, the sand, the pool...two of my girls are going in February. Mariel is telling me to have Dad take me in December, it's reasonable and there are some really nice places. Okay, we'll just bump that up on the list of things we need, ha.

Anyway, life here on earth is so temporary. We have to take care of what we have, and it's nice to make things nice, but we can't take it with us. Right now I have five daughters here in the living room, so I am going to spend some quality time with them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you & the 5 girls had a nice time and it cheered you up a bit. I think the melancholy is also part of the middle age, can always blame the hormones ;)

Simone