summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, May 20, 2019

what if?!!!!

Six of the kids are here, and are talking about..."what if we had eleven boys and five girls, instead...?" (instead of 11 girls and 5 boys). Oh dear. I cannot imagine.
We were talking about the girls...the middle group of girls, the five born in five years...Margaret was five when Sonja was born, with Kathryn, Evelyn, Suzanne in between. Then Robert was "born" when Sonja was 13 months, then Jonathan ten months later. Phew. Then Miss Char after a few miscarriages, then Camille, whom we thought we lost, and found out at 15 weeks that she was still in there, strong and fine.

And of course that's just the second half of the kids, Margaret is engine engine #nine.

This fine morning, Sonja K. and I were in the van and driving down the road by eight a.m., heading to her doctor's appointment. She had an MRI done on Saturday night, and I was skeptical the office would have the report yet, and I hate being right when it means a total waste of a trip. The office will call when they get it, and the doc is 90% certain Sonja will need surgery. So we wait for the call, which most assuredly won't come when it's quiet in here and I have a pen and paper handy.

Benjamin and Ashley have a nice big house with a nice big yard, and invited us all over on Saturday afternoon. All five of the grandchildren were there! Here they are with their Aunt Evelyn:


Elise in her swing, Anya standing behind Lydia, and Ev with Wulf and Grant. (Anya and Elise are Ben and Ashley's girls, Lydia is Mali's, Wulf is Marge and Adrian's, and Grant is Sam and Grace's little guy)



Sunday, I took four daughters shopping for a bit.

(Suzanne, Charlotte Claire, Camille, and Sonja K.)

Today, after dropping Sonja off at school after our appointment, we went out and about AGAIN, with Samuel, Grant, Jon, Char, and Cam. Marget, too much fun...clothes for the grand-kids:). Price-Chopper, I didn't need groceries, but they had cherries for $1.99 a pound...and and and. Home...I had lots of chicken to freeze, and I like to freeze it in lemon juice
and chicken seasonings, so that it is ready to cook when it thaws. There are pork chops in the same marinade, to throw on the grill for dinner. Last night, we had chicken fajitas, mmm good, but we had to cook inside, as we had high winds and thunderstorms here. I browned up the strips in two frying pans, then finished if off in the oven, we also had corn on the cob. We heated it up but good in here. Today, much cooler and windy.

Emily and Mirielle came to visit yesterday, and Sam was pleased to see them when he got back from drill. He had a rough time, he passed out on his run and ended up in Urgent Care for a bit. But he was fine, they couldn't find a reason, so back to work he went.

We had Grant all day Saturday and Sunday, he was a very good little boy. I love him.



1 comment:

Martha said...

I can't imagine switching my boy and girl numbers around either. I do love those boys! Then again, you and I both have five of them... I adore my girls as well and would have loved a few more, but two was all we got.

Your grandies are adorable!