summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, June 2, 2019

weekend away bliss...


Me, Margaret, Evelyn Joy...


Abigail, then Mirielle and Emily.


Margaret and Mirielle, then me, Marg, and Abigail.


That's our friend Karen in the pink sweater.


Me with Mirielle, Em, Ab, Ev in the front with Mirielle, me in the middle of them, Margaret, and Karen...then Emily and me.

The place where we stayed was very Magnolia-ish, and there were Joanna Gaines' magazines stacked on the cute little coffee table. We stretched out and enjoyed the fireplace and the coziness. Saturday morning, the five daughters went out back for a HIT workout, while Karen and I started making the bacon and eggs. We put pork in the crockpot for pulled pork nachos, which were delicious when we returned from our day of exploring the area and wine tasting.

This morning we got permission for a late check-out, which was perfect for a rainy day breakfast in front of the fire: scrambled eggs with peppers and tomatoes, bacon, strawberries, and lots of coffee.

We stopped at a cider place, then at a winery...the skies cleared up, and we sat in the sunshine for a few hours talking, eating popcorn. A stop on the way home for a coffee, and a nice long drive.

Home...ah, home. It's nice to get away, but always so nice to come home. My sweet little girls, there are still our daughters at home (five on weekends), and then Jonathan. It's nice to get home to Paul too, of course:)

Paul grilled pork chops and burgers, I made some spinach, the kids warmed up some leftover salt potatoes, and Camille made homemade crepes. I helped by heating up blueberries and adding some sugar and flour and water, boiled them up so they thickened. I didn't have any, but Cam said they were yummy.

The week will be a crazy one, Sonja has pre-admission testing at the hospital tomorrow, then her surgery on Wednesday.

I love these long days and late sunsets, summer is coming!!!

1 comment:

Marilyn from Canada said...

What a fun time with your girls Della! Lovely pictures too.

Marilyn from Canada