summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, December 3, 2019

I need to take more pictures...

Yesterday, Kathryn had her due date appointment, and there's nothing like hearing, "Well, we'll see you next week, but hopefully sooner...", when you WANT to hear that you're five centimeters dilated and the baby is on it's way. If she has the baby next week, I'll only be here for a few days, then back to the east coast.

But it is what it is, and we had some local coffee to try. Shh, I got some to bring home for Christmas gifts, but oh my it's pricey! But, so good! I got a small pour over, and it was delicious. The west coast does know their coffee, but the Salem area isn't as coffee rich as Seattle. Seattle, with their little coffee shacks on the corners, amazing. We do have to visit the coffee place of our friend, she runs a place called Tripp Dog, and yum.

We had a fantastic dinner last night. Jonathan and Darius grilled steak, which I had marinated in fresh key lime juice, some lemon juice, Montreal steak seasoning, pepper, and a bit of olive oil. We had steamed asparagus, baked potatoes, sautéed chopped onions, and thick sliced bacon.

And meanwhile back at home:

THIS GIRL PASSED HER DRIVER'S TEST!!! (this pic is from a few weeks ago) The beauty of this was that I blissfully slept through all the nail-biting anxiety, wasn't there to see her drive away with the instructor, missed the whole shebang. Paul took her, and then she texted me that she passed! In my defense, I am three hours behind, so her 9:15 passing of the test time is 6:15 here, so yeah, I was sleeping. I was also sleeping when the school nurse called to ask why Miss Charlotte Claire and Miss Camille Anaya aren't in school...well, they got snowed in up in Winnipeg for an extra day...but when the nurse calls me at 8 a.m. their time, it's five here, and well yes, I was sleeping. The dentist also called to remind of the girls' cleaning appointments, which they will not be making it to.

I think tonight I'll put the phone on airplane mode. Yesterday, it was all the texts and phone calls from the school about being delayed then cancelled, in the very wee hours of the morning. Now, I am no spring chicken, and I cannot just go back to sleep, no, my brain starts going and my hip starts aching, can't get comfy, can't fall back to sleep...this fine morning, I was almost asleep from the one call when the second one came, so now I'm just giving up. I don't want to get too overtired because when that little newborn decides to arrive, I would like to be able to be a good support.

Online shopping this year, that's me. The kids at home better not peek, and ugh, I just realized that when I get home I'm going to have to go through it all and wrap it. I will not remember what is for whom, of course. I do have lists, but.

Anyway, say a prayer that Baby Boy comes soon, but mostly pray for a safe and healthy delivery, and a nice short labor, while you're at it...

1 comment:

Joybells said...

Definitely praying for a speedy arrival! Come on, baby! 💙💛