summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, December 9, 2019

one week overdue...

Well, we got up this fine Monday morning and headed to the hospital so Kathryn could have some tests done to see how baby is doing. Well, baby is doing well. He is all happy in there, placenta functioning well, plenty of amnionic fluid, moving around just dandily. There were no medical concerns, so aside from being 41 weeks pregnant, there was no real reason for an induction.

She did have the option, but decided to let nature take it's course, and hopefully baby will come soon. If he doesn't arrive by Saturday, she is scheduled to begin induction then.

The problem for me: Jonathan and I are flying home on Friday night, getting back on Saturday morning.

I looked into changing our tickets, the cheapest option would be over seven hundred dollars for the both of us, to stay five more days. We would get to meet baby, but, that's seven hundred dollars, and...being gone from home for more days. That part, I could live with...I don't know.

It's rough, being out here all this time, then leaving right before he's born. We are of course hoping he comes soon on his own, but...

We're thinking of going out to eat tonight, Jonathan is on board for that.

I think we're feeling a bit disappointed, were hoping she would be like five centimeters, and baby would be here by tomorrow. But what can you do? He'll come when he's ready.

And we'll make the best of things.

2 comments:

AnAmericanHousewife said...



I thought this would probably happen... LOL. Babies have their own agendas. ;)

When I was pregnant with my 3rd child, my parents traveled 1000 miles, stuck around waiting, waiting, waiting... they had to leave to get back to their jobs so after a week they returned home. They left that morning for the 1000 mile drive back and of course, my water broke at 11:00 pm that night! Ha ha. Such is life when waiting for those littles.

Enjoy your time there, and all that delicious coffee! Hoping baby comes tonight/tomorrow ish so you get to be there for it.

Carol said...

I am glad that she is letting nature take it's course. I feel like doctors and moms seem to rush things these days by scheduling so many inductions. I hope he comes before you need to leave.