summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, July 1, 2020

have a nice day!


And we did, because the bag told us to! There's this little take out place in the small city, and the lunch special of sesame chicken and pork fried rice, oh dear it's good stuff. Years ago, when the price was lower and I had a 15 passenger van full of kids, we could pick up food from here and dole it out, go on a picnic, without breaking the bank. Now it's $5.29, and the four girls with me each got their own, plus I got one, that used to feed double the kids ha. I only ate about a fourth of mine, and saved it for Jonathan, because how can one enjoy Chinese food just KNOWING that Jon would later ask, "What?! You went without me?" So. He was happy. The girls ate some of theirs, then saved it, ate more later, and really enjoyed it.

We also went to the thrift store, well, they ate their food while I went in and browsed. I found: two books to read, one Silver Buffalo cold/hot travel mug, brand new with the instruction sheet and label still there, a brand new Snackeez cup, and a really nice V-tech battery piano/musical/obnoxious/lights+sounds toy, for visiting grandkids. I didn't look at the clothes because of the girls waiting in the van, but I should have. harrumph, right?

Molly came for a visit with baby Ophelia and little Lydia. Sonja and Charlotte Claire watched Ophelia for a bit while I went in the pool with Molly and Lydia. It was a nice visit.

We made taco salad for dinner, again, because it is so good.

Today is a very very exciting day: our decking lumber for the pool deck is being delivered! It was back-ordered, and this is the first date they gave us, but it was not definite. I am surprised and delighted that it is actually arriving today! They will call 1/2 hour before arrival to make sure someone is here. It'll probably just be unloaded in the front yard, and we'll have to drag it around back, blah.

But a pool deck! I am very excited about this! It seems like it isn't really going to happen. We've had a back yard pool for 25 years, with no deck...the first pool was installed the year I was expecting my eighth child, right after my 30th birthday, and when baby Samuel was born, I remember how difficult it was to watch the other seven in the pool with a newborn. We replaced that 30 ft pool with a 27 ft when it started to have issues, so it's not the same pool, but you get the picture.

It seems like a frivolous project, truth be told. I'm sure it'll get lots of use, but I still feel like a spoiled brat.

Anyway. June slipped away, and July is here. Slow down, time!

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Hi Della 👋 July here already and today is Canada’s Birthday 🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦 AND it is POURING where I live. I feel so sorry for all the plans that have been made for celebrating. Such a terrible shame. Your pool deck will be fabulous!! I’m looking forward to seeing pictures. It’s always good to get a new book to read. I love reading and probably spend too much time sitting and reading. I just read a series of 7 books you might like.....THE CLIFTON CHRONICLES by Jeffrey Archer. Google it and it will tell you the story. A saga really and I think it would make a great Masterpiece Theatre mini series....like Downton Abbey. Jeffrey Archer is a great story teller and writes really well......I’ve read several of his books. Anyway..........have fun with the deck building!!!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Billie Jo said...

Sesame Chicken!
My favorite!!!!
Have a cozy evening, my friend.

Sarah said...

Hi I enjoyed my visit today, you have an amazing family. I can't believe how quickly the months have passed and it is July already!