summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, December 3, 2020

how, you might ask, did I miss a day?

We went bye-bye! Okay, not to big exciting places, but to local exciting places. First Miss Cam went to physical therapy. Her kneecap is just a wiggling in there, it's actually scary how loose it is. She does have a knee brace. But she has a long ways to go with the exercises. After the P.T., we picked up Sonja and Charlotte Claire, and went, of course, to Target. A few of those Christmas gifts off the list, for the kids at church, and some candy for the stockings, then to T.J. Maxx. We got some nice birthday gifts for a dear girl who turned 18, Miss Grace, my niece's daughter, and one of my girl's closest friends. (My sister's oldest granddchild). I was there when she was born, and I've loved her with all of my heart ever since. So yesterday afternoon I decided to tackle the stick-on tile install. I had been excited about it, but also dreading it because I am all thumbs. It's easy, they said. ha. It's sticky, is what it is! I had to call for Sonja, I don't know how I would have done it without an extra set of hands. Later, Paul told me he could have easily taken the sink top off...that would have been nice, the hard part was getting the strips/sheets of tile down there and straight. Straight is over rated, right?
It's just a little bit of tile to cover up where the sidesplash was on the old sink.
I do like it, the paint makes it hard to recognize that it's really a 29 year old oak vanity.
Just don't look too closely. I still have shelves to sand and install, and the flooring isn't in yet, but it's coming along. The hardest part for me with a new bedroom and bathroom is maintenance. I am a dropper and a draper, and although I LOVE a clutter-free look, I can't for the life of me, keep things that way. What I'm finding is duh, it takes discipline, Each time I try on five outfits, and decide I look fat or dumb in each one, I cannot just leave them in a pile, no, they get hung back up. ( Also, if I reject an outfit, or never wear it, bag it up and get rid of it!) I have one basket in my room for sweaters and sweatpants, no stacking them on the dresser. I know when I had so many small kids and no time, it WAS different. I learned to do things the quickest way, cutting corners was my specialty. I could organize something nicely, but then in a week it would be in shambles again because I simply didn't have enough time, or didn't take enough time anyway, to put things back the way they were supposed to go. Anyway. I am leaving in fifteen minutes to bring Miss Char to a check up...then later Mister Wulf and baby Tennyson are coming over because Margaret has an appointment. I also have some sad news. Ben and Ashley lost their baby. They were so absolutely excited, and now...so sad. While you can know with certainty that God causes all things to work together for your good, it still hurts.

8 comments:

Kara said...

We used that same peel and stick tile when we replaced our bathroom sink. Eventually we'll get a permanent fix, but three years and counting, that peel and stick has held up.

Sorry for your loss.

Unknown said...

I’m so sorry for Ben & Ashley.....

Anonymous said...

Really tthinking of Ben & Ashley, such devastating news.

Simone

Marilyn said...

Good morning. Della I’m so sorry to hear about Ben and Ashley. Such a sad thing to happen. I do hope the physio and exercises help Camille.......she’s so young to be having knee problems. Your cookies look wonderful! I’ve got all the ingredients now to do a bit of baking for Christmas, so will get to that in the next week and put it in the freezer so we don’t gobble it up before Christmas 🙄 Have fun icing your sugar cookies with the little kids 🥰 Have a great day!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Michelle said...

Oh I’m so sorry to hear about Ben & Ashley’s baby, sending thoughts & prayers.

Mert said...

That looks amazing- well done!!

Linda said...

{{{grin}}} I hope you have a beautiful Saturday, my friend.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Ben and Ashley's loss. That's so tough.
Valerie