summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, December 1, 2020

the most wonderful time....of the year!

I made one single batch of these, just three cups of flour. I used to TRIPLE it, and make them two or three times a season. My kids don't eat many cookies anymore, they just don't. Half of them are unfrosted, and going with me to junior Activity Club tonight, where Emily and I will frost them with the 3 and 4 year olds in our group. There will probably be between 2 and five kids there altogether, and yes, the poor kids wear masks. I have sprinkles and candies for the tops, and the makings for the frosting. We'll give them each their own little plate with all the fixings, they can frost, then eat, then around. Em will get out the guitar, we'll sing some children's songs, then...they'll go home. I'll be dropping Char and Cam off at their friend's house to do some dance practice, then pick them up after A.C. I went out and about today, all by myself. I had some Kohl's orders to pick up. They give five bucks Kohl's cash for every order you pick up, it adds up. I also went into the grocery store quick, for seltzers, eggs, pepperoni, cereal, toilet paper, and disinfectant spray. A quick stop at the bank, then oh heck the dollar store, since I was alone and could browse, dawdle and wander,(I needed more wrapping paper...a dollar a roll!) then a coffee from my favorite local place, and ahhh, home. Home to bake those cookies, and wrap some gifts. Dinner: I put a stick of butter, some cumin, five pounds of cubed chicken breast, and some butter chicken sauce in the crockpot this morning. I made a pan of rice, and brought fresh Italian bread from the store. I skipped the rice and the bread, but the chicken was really yummy. I like to have dinner done early on the days the girls go to in-person school, so we can have a more relaxed and cozy dinner. They don't like school much these days, with the social distancing and absence of mingling. Anyway. Time for me to get moving, bye for now!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds wonderful. What kind of “butter chicken sauce” do you use?

My daughter is 17 and a senior—hasn’t been to school since March 16 (her birthday). Boy does she miss her friends.

Kristi

16 blessings'mom said...

Kristi, I cheat and use the little jars from Aldi, but add a stick of butter and lots of cumin to the crockpot. My daughter Emily makes hers from scratch, but I just haven't bought the spice that is necessary to make it good, the Garam Masala. That's rough for your daughter, oh dear! Where do you live that school is not in session? Our kids here got the choice of in person or all virtual, but the in person is only two days a week for middle and high school. The elementary kids here go four days a week, my granddaughter in the school district a few miles south of here goes five days a week. I can't imagine being 17 and not being with my friends. This whole thing has been so hard on the young people. God bless her!

Linda said...

YUMMMMMMMMMMM...I'll take those cookies, lol. Have a great day, it looks to be a winter day here in Hornell. smiles

Anonymous said...

We are in Southern California. We are in purple tier, the most restrictive. We moved up for about 8 weeks but still could t go to school. Now we are back to purple until further notice, probably until the vaccine is widespread. It’s ugly. We now have a curfew as well.

Kristi