summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, December 14, 2020

things to be happy about....

1. That our kingdom is NOT of this earth. If it were, how sad and hopeless that would be. Here in New York state, we have had jail reform laws which give more rights to criminals than to law abiding citizens. 88% of gun shooters (am I in kindergarten? I can't think of the right way to say it...)are right back out of jail. They get arrested and are right back on the streets. NYC is a mess with gun violence. 2. Politicians are out for themselves, they do not really care about you. If you need encouragement, stability, comfort, then you need to open your bible. 3. Birthdays! My little grandson in Oregon turned one year old! Remember last year I was out there for half of December when he was born?
He was only a few hours old when we had to leave and get on the plane. 4. Birthday cakes!
Kathryn sent a video, the look on his face when he tasted it!
He's so cute. He's turned from a baby to a "people". 5. The Christmas season. We cannot let anything or anyone steal that joy from us.
This picture of Margaret and Adrian and baby Tennyson! Suri is there, Cam is on the couch, then Evelyn who fell asleep, Char on the other couch with Sunny...just a lazy Sunday afternoon. The toy sink is out on the coffee table, Wulf loves to play in water. (We had pulled pork nachos...mmm) 6. Coffee. The second cup always tastes approximately 5% less yummy than the first one, and there's nothing like that feeling when you lift the cup for a drink and dang it it's empty, but oh coffee, how I love thee. 7. My house, my new room, my new bathroom, Paul, the kids, friends, that we live in the U.S. of A., where we have grocery stores and Walmart and drive through coffee places. So many things to be thankful for! I am also very thankful for the internet, where we can be connected when we can't actually connect in person. I used to think, a long time ago, that friends made not in real life weren't "real" friends. But now I know different. When I get comments, and "meet" new readers, I love it. I think the internet is used in bad ways, but it can also be used for good. I write this all today because to me it seems that there is a spirit of fear, of doom and gloom, just pervading the world. Drug use, depression, suicides climbing, people are alone, and life is challenging. There is so much suffering, with sick people without families, old people without visitors, it's sad, there is no doubt about that. We can't do much about it all, and it's a helpless feeling, but we CAN pray, and we can do as much good as we can in our own little lives. Even if you tend to scroll on by when you see scriptures, read this one, please: "A merry heart does good, like medicine, but a broken spirit dries the bones."(prov 17:22). We need to hold on, hold out, hope in God, because you know what? This is true, and simple: resist the devil and he will flee from you. Isn't the one of the best things you have ever heard? Just say NO, NO, NO, to his hopeless whispers. Anyway. Today I have to bring Miss Camille Anaya to physical therapy. She's doing well and actually doing the exercises, strengthening those thigh muscles. We're hoping to avoid surgery!

8 comments:

Marilyn said...

Good morning Della ☺️ Yes, I would say we have lots to be thankful for..........it is soooooooo cold here at the moment...-11C and on Saturday it was -18 C with a windchill πŸ₯ΆπŸ₯Ά....... and I for one am so thankful for my nice warm house. We ordered a few groceries on line 😳 just to see how it worked because we are on lockdown. Of course the grocery stores are open, but with minimum capacity. They are supposed to be delivered this morning, so we’ll see how that goes!! I, too, love my first cup of coffee ☕️ As you say the second one just isn’t the same. I just love the picture of everyone on the couches on Sunday. So nice and relaxed. My dogs were just outside racing around, barking at something ......not sure what! Maybe because they are happy. Anyway they are back in snuggled up and snoring πŸ’€ Gotta love those labbies. Have a great day!!

Marilyn from Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for this list❤️
I was just thinking about #1 this morning. So good to know the King of kings and Lord of Lords. Amen!
Valerie

Billie Jo said...

Hello!
I cannot believe it has been a year!
I remember you traveling out there!
Happy Birthday to a sweet baby.
Lovely reminder of things to be thankful for.
Have a cozy evening with your people.

Suz said...

I LOVE your list of things to be happy about and I'm right there with you.
Happy birthday to your littlest angel; so darn cute. I know you want to hug and kiss them all.the.time. Why do they move and leave us?? ;) Merry Christmas to you and yours!!

Rose S. said...

I"m not a coffee drinker but a tea drinker. And that first sip of hot tea in the morning is wonderful! And then I have one if I can in the afternoon around 2 area. And then one more at night time. Of course sooner or later I will have to switch to decafe at night time. But oh my its lovely!!

Happy birthday to your little grandson! So cute with that big cake piled high in front of him! :)

And yes, we have so much to be thankful for. So much... but I still can't wait for 2021 to get here and we start seeing some things change for the better! Lets hope!

Rose

Anonymous said...

I love that picture of Margaret and Adrian looking at their sweet baby. You can just tell what loving parents they are.

Laurie in California

Unknown said...

Thank you for your words of hope....i have been having a pity party her I’m down state NY listening to our daily dictator briefings. I too am a coffee lover and I will def think of you when I savor my morning cup tomorrow!

Linda said...

Great photos, smiles...and I just want to add my 2 cents about NY state, Cuomo and his minions need a "Come to Jesus" moment. I prob. should stop there. I ma not sure how much longer we can hold off moving from here... the rules only apply to us minions, not them...ok I said I would stop. Feel free to delete my comment, grin.