summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, May 15, 2021

...it has come to my attention...

 ...that there is a warning flashing when you try to get to this blog, with certain search engines.  A warning against theft of credit card info, ect.  Well, I do not know anything about this, but I can assure you, I personally would never take anything that didn't belong to me.  I can just HEAR my mother, Lady Jane, there are three things in this world that I will not tolerate:  lying, stealing, and lying.  A liar is a thief, and a thief is a liar.  

No, I couldn't sleep at night.  No sir.  When Sonja K. needed a new phone case recently, we were surprised and saddened that they were all locked up tightly in a case, in Walmart.  Oh yeah, the store employee told us as he unlocked the case, people steal these all the time.

So I don't know what the warning was about, but I have my suspicions.  Is someone flagging the blog because I am not 100% behind things that are going on in the world these days?  hmm.  

Today, we are heading out to our church to do some deep cleaning, on this nice sunny spring day.  Paul will be going out fishing later, not sure what the girls and I will do.  I like the spontaneity of a blank-ish slate, not knowing what will happen.

Yesterday, I decided to pick Miss Char and Miss Cam up early from school.  


We had an appointment, ha, with Target.  We needed some coffee creamer, and it's reasonable there, so...we got some seltzer, and I let them pick out some nice nail polish, because there was a $5 gift card if you spent $20 in health and beauty.  So we wandered and puttered and dawdled, then got a drink from Starbucks...and can I just say that yes, Starbucks is overrated and over priced, but it's good?  I am not getting a penny for saying so, either.  I like their plain regular coffee.  The girls of course, go for Matcha Tea Lattes, or the Dragon Fruit refreshers, pricey!  But they're my last two, and I'm spoiling them a little.

Then home...ah home.  I found a  4 lb. package of boneless chicken breasts at Target with a $5 off coupon, making it $3!  Three dollars for four pounds of chicken?  Why yes, I think I will.  I cut that chicken up, then sautéed a chopped onion, added some minced fresh ginger, minced garlic clove, then the chicken to the olive oil.  In went garam masala, cumin, chili powder, a sprinkle of garlic powder and ginger powder, salt and pepper, then a can of tomato paste....it called for a tablespoon of butter, but RUBBISH, it needed more than that, it's called BUTTER chicken, for heaven's sake!  So in went half a stick!  After the chicken was cooked thoroughly, a cup of heavy cream, then simmered a bit more, serve with fresh cilantro, or if you're lucky, homemade naan bread.  We were not lucky, because I was heading to the pool...

I met Ben and Ashley and their two little princesses, Anya and Elise, and we swam together for 45 minutes.  It was lovely, felt great.  Home, ah home, and I finally ate that yummy dinner.  The girls had already eaten theirs, and Jonathan was at his friend's house doing work on that new car of his.  

Anyway.  I have to go get ready, have a wonderful day, a relaxing weekend...we're having sunshine and warmth here in central NY state, and it's delicious!

10 comments:

Véronique said...


Hi Della,

don't worry, nobody is trying to silence you! I think it has to do with your blog settings. Your page is not secure and some browsers are warning more strongly than it used to be. I think a quick fix would be this:

https://support.google.com/blogger/answer/6284029?hl=en

I have no blog, so I am not sure if it is the solution, but my Macbook tells me that your website address is "nicht sicher" (not safe)
No big deal, I still read your blog as soon as you post.

Have a nice week-end
Véronique

Linda said...

I haven't a clue about the first thought...I always come straight here from my link. The chicken sounds nice. Thank you for the smiles, Della. Have a beautiful weekend. smiles

Anonymous said...

I think I have seen that warning, but it didn't seem at all sinister to me. Butter chicken sounds delicious. I wish my husband liked Indian food, something about the curry powder (just what I love, of course 😁) Have a great weekend!
Valerie

Joybells said...

The flashing warning has disappeared, on Chrome at least, and all appears to be normal again. I'm glad it got fixed. :)

I like that you are spoiling the youngest a bit. :) I hate for my kids to have to "do without" and I find myself making every effort to prevent them from being deprived of anything, ever...and then I realize that they also need to learn contentment with what they have (this is a basic life skill that I want to develop more!) It isn't easy to always know which route to take. Yesterday they really wanted the $18.95 stuffies, which I had to say no to, and it was hard for all of us (me the most, I think). But their papa found something different that was much cheaper and that they are really enjoying! So it totally worked out. There's more than one way to make them feel special and loved, and still fit it into the budget. I guess I'm commenting more on my life than yours, ha. But it's interesting to think about, and also prompts me to pray for wisdom. :)

Enjoy the sunshine!!!

Joy from Salem

American Housewife said...


I'm just letting you know only people with certain personal settings on their own computers will get a warning. I've never had a warning on your site (because it's a regular old blogger site - it goes with blogger's preset settings). Meh. Thought I'd chime in to let you know your site is fine. LOL.

Plain Jane said...

Google apparently had big problems yesterday, I couldn't access my blog on either Chrome or Firefox. It kept flagging it as a phising site. A metrologist whose blog I follow posted to Facebook he'd been reported as malware. Thankfully, whatever it was, it seems to be fixed. If it happens again, I was able to access my blog and a few I follow that had the same problem on Edge.

Terri D said...

Yum to that chicken dish and how fun to skip out of school early to got shopping for nail polish! Yes, please!! xo

Chrissy said...

On my iMac it comes up that the url isnt secure. I don't know why not? perhaps you need tot weak in your settings?

16 blessings'mom said...

You all are very helpful! I was kind of kidding that I was reported for some reason, but these days, you never know ha. But thank you for the advice, I am not computer savvy, just enough to get by!

Anonymous said...

Just FYI, I got that warning at a lot of blogs the other day. But they are all opening fine now. Who knows? Some kind of glitch, I imagine.
Susie