summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, May 8, 2021

my new ride....

 Okay, I just felt cool typing that title, it's only a rental.  But we're going to enjoy it, the Jeep!


Today is Road Trip Day!  We are going to Connecticut!  My sister, two of her girls, a friend...Abigail is taking Miss Char and Miss Cam, Evelyn is driving Sonja (they left early this morning, the dogs barked and woke me up, harrumph). It's just one overnight, but still.  It's four hours, so it's a Road Trip.

We are going to a very special wedding shower for a very special friend.  

It's nice to be driving the rental.  It's included in our insurance.  The nice man at the collision center said NOT to take my car on any road trips, that I could drive it a little bit, like to the store, which around here, well, you can go to the Dollar General four miles away, but a REAL store is much farther than that.  The bumper is pretty messed up, lots of loose parts, so the insurance adjuster offered a rental.  Well, I guess so...!  When I went in to pick it up yesterday, the guy who works there offered a free upgrade, from an economy car to a regular car, then said, "You know, I can just upgrade you to an SUV, we have a few Jeeps out there...you'll just have to pay the difference of tax, six dollars a day."  hmmm.  For ten days, that's $60.  It took me all of two seconds to agree to it, and then the next hour and a half to regret wasting sixty dollars just to have a nicer car for a while...ugh.  

When I pulled in the driveway with it, Paul just raised his eyebrows.  He's so much more conservative with money.  So I let him drive it last night, ha.  

My sister and her daughter, Susan (the lovely mama of Will, and twins Sebastian and Linnea and now little Theodore, kids whom I've babysat and had stay with me while she photographs weddings, she has taken our family pics a few times...)...they met me at the rental place to be added on to the rental agreement so they can help drive to Connecticut...there was no charge to add them on, since it's an insurance rental, so that was nice.

Here I am, ready to leave in an hour, sitting in my comfy bed, blogging.  I love my room, love my bed, so why not?  I woke up too early, and am too tired for a road trip, but I am going anyway!


I couldn't fall asleep last night, too excited.  I wish I could tolerate alcohol, it would have been a good night for a glass of wine.  Then I woke up at six when Sonja got up to leave, and decided to take a shower and try to go back to bed.  Well ha ha, I was up, and all I wanted was a cup of coffee...Paul put the kayak in the back of the truck and headed out to go fishing.  The two younger girls are still asleep, so the house is nice and quiet.  

So have a nice Saturday, a good weekend...off I go...

3 comments:

Linda said...

Have a fun and safe trip. smiles

Terri D said...

Enjoy your new ride and safe travels to Connecticut! I always enjoy visiting here! xo

Unknown said...

Della I hope you have a wonderful trip! Your rental looks pretty spiffy 🥳

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦