summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, December 1, 2007

bazaar day

Today we had a table at the school craft bazaar. Mostly my sister and I, and my sister-in-law, sold stuff for our church girls' group. Most people are just too busy to help, so the three of us did what we could. Fudge, rice krispy treats, hand-painted wood sleds that didn't sell last year, mugs full of lots of candy....we did okay, but more importantly: we had fun. Being at the school, in a small community, seeing all the teachers, neighbors, friends: it was nice.

It is freezing here in the Northeast, high of 23 degrees today. Windy, bitter cold. Seems like I was just complaining about the heat, now this. The thing I hate about winter, besides driving in the snow, is having my grown children drive in the snow. I get pretty scared about that. And with Emily being a nurse in a hospital in a city 40 minutes away, she has to drive daily. So I just pray, and nag at her to be careful. I also don't like walking on ice (who does?)....

No comments: