summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, December 17, 2007

power's back on

Yeah, the power went out a bit before 8 last night. The sudden pitch blackness was a shocker for the little ones, so they screamed. The more they screamed, the more they screamed, and the more the bigger kids yelled at them to shut up, and daddy told everyone just to be quiet, and I sat here holding the baby, telling the kids to find their way to the couch and be quiet, while explaining to Aaron that a flashlight is on my dresser. I may not be the queen of organization, but I always know where one flashlight is. So the candles were lit, and Charlotte Claire thought it was one big party: she sang happy birthday over and over again, which is followed with blowing out the candles....we found batteries for some sound machines, as our kids are addicted to sleeping with fans on...(we find they sleep better when sounds are drowned out)... Eight of the older kids were sitting around the kitchen table talking and playing in candle wax, and dad was falling asleep on the couch...the little kids actually went to bed very nicely, I think because it was so dark they were afraid to get out of bed. The power came back on after I fell asleep, so daddy got up and turned off the tree lights, ect...This morning the kids were saying how much they like it when the power goes out!!! Real fun, guys.

Oh yeah, and today is a snow day to boot. It is very cold and windy, with lake effect from Ontario tapering down, but snow blowing on the already slippery roads. This is a rural school district, with many miles of bus routes. So we are cancelled most frequently of any other school around....Well, they want to go out to play (I know, crazy) so off I go.....

No comments: